Lynx Nov BAHAMAS!! / Made it to Bimini Bahamas!!

Started by Lynx, April 03, 2007, 08:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Plans are being finalized to head off to Abacos, Bahamas in Nov for the Season and then North.

Anybody else planing this as well?

I am singlehanding and have room for a Woman crewmember wanting to go cruising the Bahamas and East Coast with DWM. No experience needed.

Casting off in Nov '07 from Florida to the Bahamas. Going north in May, return in November, north in May etc..... Staying on the hook every night for the next 3 to 5 years in out of the way places, the boat draws 12 inches. Fair weather sailing. I have an '06 MacGregor 26M loaded with new equipment for cruising.  I am 50,  DWM, 6'4", 265 pounds, no drugs, non-smoker, light drinker. I can and have singlehanded my boat for many days, but would like a woman (no drugs, non-smoker) to assist me in anchoring, docking, steering and companionship. No experience is needed, just willing to be on a small motorsailor for months. Wanting adventure on the water in out of the way islands, bays, cays, rivers, lakes, harbors, and towns in the Bahamas and East Coast for 5 years or less.  Expenses on the boat I will take care of – food, water, fuel, wear and tear.  This is an unpaid position. Your expenses are -  medical, travel to and from the boat and expenses on shore. Email me if you want to go cruising.
James,  M/S Lynx
MacGregor 26M

cubemonkey

Quote from: Lynx on April 03, 2007, 08:40:03 AM
Going north in May, return in November, north in May etc.....

Hi Lynx,
Sounds like a dream come true for you. Where do you mean when you say going North?

I looked up the specs for the MacGregor, and it appears to have a daggerboard. So your twelve inch draw is with the daggerboard retracted? That should get you into some pretty tight spots, I would think.

Best of luck,
-elizabeth
s/v Averisera
Aphrodite 101
Hull #264
Boston, MA

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life,
the laws of the universe will be simpler."

-Henry David Thoreau

Lynx

Hello Elizabeth, My plans for going "North" is up the ICW (East Coast) and trailer to the west end of the Erie Canel, travel the waterways east and south and then back down to Bahamas for the next season.

Yes, the MacGregor draws 12 inches daggerboard and rudders retracted. I can motor in 18 inches if the wind is not to bad. With the planing hull and a 50 hp outboard, the Boat can cruise at 15 mph (3 to 4 miles per gallon), I can get out of trouble almost as fast as I can get into.

I have been planing this for some time and it is a dream come true.

Know of anybody that would like to come along?

Regards, James V, M/S Lynx
MacGregor 26M

s/v Faith

Where are you now?  WHere are you crossing from/to? 
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Lynx

I finally made it to Bimini Bahamas and should be in Abacos within the week. YEA!!!!

MacGregor 26M

skylark

Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

AdriftAtSea

Bueno... look forward to hearing more details and seeing photos.
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

Frank

Congrats! No sea monsters? :o Enjoy. Keep the camera and writing pad handy.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

s/v Faith

Quote from: Lynx on November 15, 2007, 04:07:54 PM
I finally made it to Bimini Bahamas and should be in Abacos within the week. YEA!!!!

Congrats on the crossing.  I look forward to reading more about Bimini, and progress on your journey.  We are enjoying Guana Cay right now, and expect to linger in the Abacos for another little bit before heading farther south.  Would be great to run into you.

K3v1n

Congrats!

Love those palm trees.  ;D

Have fun and be safe.
-Kevin

Bill NH

Have fun all you guys down there!  It snowed in Northern New England today, and frankly I'd rather be back in the Bahamas with you all!
125' schooner "Spirit of Massachusetts" and others...

s/v Faith

I was recooping after a long tough day of snorkeling when I see;

;D

James and Lynx made it to Settlement Harbor, Guana Cay.

AdriftAtSea

Sky looks kind of nasty in that second photo. :D
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at

KenR

Looks like it's going to be a great trip. Have fun and plenty of pictures, please.
What could possibly go wrong???
s/v Blown Away
1984 Sovereign 28
Southwest Florida

AdriftAtSea

Lynx-

Nice photos...glad to hear you made it safely there.  BTW, were you one of these:

s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran

Lynx

MacGregor 26M

Pappy Jack

Lynx, you lucky dog!!! ;D I haven't been to Abaco in about 18 years or so. Hope you have a wonderfull time.