News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Alberg 30 Molds

Started by Captain Smollett, April 14, 2007, 08:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Smollett

Heard today from Bill of Boyle Boat works here in Colulmbia, SC.  Yes, he DOES have all the molds, tooling and 'rights' for the Alberg 30, Alberg 37 and Whitby 40.  If I get a chance when my schedule settles down in a few weeks, I may try to run over to see him in person.

He mentioned that he is interested in manufacturing the A-30 on a per-order basis; he'd need about 2-3 orders at a time to justify his expenses.  Basically, they would be custom built boats, not pure production and not built on spec.

He's looking into some mods from the original desgn, mostly modernizing the cabin layout and improving use of space.  He is very committed to keeping all that make the A-30 seaworthy and offshore capable, so he is NOT looking at scrimping to just make the boat cheaper.  He has no interest in producing a marina queen - he said "these boats want wind, they want water under the keel.  It's a weather boat."

I don't have it yet, but he is going to send me his email address.  If anyone is interested in contacting him, I will be happy to PM it you.  (I won't post it to prevent spam harvesting).

So, who wants to be the first next-gen A-30 owner??   ;D ;D
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

BobW

I would love to...

...but that isn't going to happen for me. :(

I'll just have to enjoy the stories, pics and videos from those who can.

Bob Wessel
Fenwick, MI
Building Gardens of Fenwick, a Welsford Pathfinder
Karen Ann, a Storer Goat Island Skiff

AdriftAtSea

Capn Smollett-

Keep us posted on your visit and what he says.  :D
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more