News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

dream boat 'Annie'

Started by Frank, July 01, 2007, 03:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Got to tell ya about a lady I had heard about, and finally got to meet this last north channel cruise. Seems this lady,in her 60's, by the name of Annie has been cruising the north channel singlehanded for 7+ yrs. The trick here is that she spends ALL season travelling about 'gunk holing'....ussually 60-70+ days on VERY small boats. Her 1st 4 yrs were spent aboard a WW Potter.She now has a 'slipper 17'. Now..to anyone that has spent a full week or more on a small boat, you KNOW just the placement and storage of items is extremely difficult in the confined erea available. So..take that down to a 15ft potter with NO under bunk lockers OR cockpit lockers and ya start to see what a true feat this really is. She heard us monty sailors were coming, so she showed up at our 3nd anchorage to join us for a few days adventure. In she comes (at 67 yrs old) as confident as any seasoned captain....finds a spot..drops the hook (pre-rigged  from the cockpit with anchor at the bow) and is out visiting in NO TIME. It was a treat to watch her and later listen to her stories. She is a small legend in her own right and after spending time around her I can say..deservidly so. I'll post a pic in my gallery under 'north channel' of her.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

AdriftAtSea

s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more