Small Boat...Long Distances...

Started by BobW, September 19, 2007, 07:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobW

Here's a link to today's Latitude 38's 'Lectronic Latitude item about a Hungarian sailor crossing oceans in a 19 foot boat. 

Bob Wessel
Fenwick, MI
Building Gardens of Fenwick, a Welsford Pathfinder
Karen Ann, a Storer Goat Island Skiff

Oldrig

Sorry, Bob, but I couldn't find any link. Still, it's quite a photo!

Actually, considering that he needs a bit of antifouling, he isn't doing too badly for a guy from a landlocked nation in a small boat.

--Joe
"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

AdriftAtSea

s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

BobW

Bob Wessel
Fenwick, MI
Building Gardens of Fenwick, a Welsford Pathfinder
Karen Ann, a Storer Goat Island Skiff

Pappy Jack

This thread is a little old but I found a video on "You Tube" about this guy and I thought I'd share it with you all. Enjoy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpJvcHKZLLw&feature=related . It's all in Hungarian but You'll figure it out ;D.

Warm winds,

Pappy Jack

dnice

Its funny, I have passed up that video many times because of the hungarian language... but apparently sailing is a universal language,  I somehow understood everything they were saying :)

well.. maybe not everything. But the videos are great.
He moved his website so there is no longer any english information about this guy (that I can find). I would love to hear details about his voyage and find out where he is now.

(edit) there are a few of his videos in english!

mrb

That's one large 19 ft boat.  Wonder what make.

Thanks for lead to video.

Fair winds
mrb

dnice

Well, he moved his main page, but the old english data is still at this link

here is the Carina's specs

judging by the pic on the lats website, it looks like he needs to extend his waterline up to the rub rail :)

Godot

Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

evantica

What a great man and a great journey/ adventure! I envy him. someday I follow your keelwater (Swedish saying)