News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

The Albin Vega 27

Started by Bill NH, November 20, 2007, 07:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nowell

Well, I just want to keep adding to this thread since it will be my all encompasing build/rebuild thread.

Anyway, as a few of you knew, I was moving Aquila out of her wrecked marina in Galveston (see pics above). Moved down towards freeport. 36.5 nm, 9 hours (mostly motoring in the ICW).

Word of warning, the ICW is bad. Most of the channel markers are gone, and I must have found about 3 or 4 sand bars where there were channel markers!!

Be very careful for awhile if you travel this!!

Anyway, nothing exciting to report, a good sunburn, and got a quick pic. Winds were crappy all morning, and picked up to around 6 knots in the afternoon (towards the end of my run, but really helped!!)

She felt great, and you could tell she wanted to run more. Had to keep her in line as the sails were showing their wear, and the barge traffic was busy.

Anyway, her new home is Freeport, so I will be sailing out of there quite a bit. After this winter's work. Hope to see some of you around. Maybe ill slip down to Charlie's way next summer!

s/v "Aquila"
1967 Albin Vega #176

David_Old_Jersey

Quote from: nowell on November 02, 2008, 12:36:36 AM
Well, I just want to keep adding to this thread since it will be my all encompasing build/rebuild thread.

Please do. Might inspire me to get off me backside  ;D

s/v Faith

I saw this add on SSCA.org, and thought I would share it here. 

Kinda says something about the AV27 as a SailFar boat;

Quote27' AlbinVega for sale. Currently in Fiji. $13,900 or trade
The Albin Vega is a tough, capable offshore cruiser. Built in Sweden, it is one of the strongest 27 foot sailboats ever built. "ISIS" sailed from Newport, OR to SF to Hawaii to the South Pacific. With her 3'10" draft it is a perfect boat for the S. Pacific. Check out the blog for photos and postings.
www.sailblogs.com/member/littleisis/
For spec list: Highlight this drop.io site, copy and paste on to Google: drop.io/albinvegaisis/media

"ISIS" is set up for blue water cruising: Yanmar engine (new in 2001), Gori
folding prop, cutter rig with removable inner forestay, Fleming wind
vane, Auto Helm tiller pilot, hard dodger, 4 man Viking Life raft in
valise (new 2007), new Vega aluminum windows (2006), Garmin 162 GPS,
everything ready for your SSB with ground plates, wiring and Galaxy
whip antenna, Sails and upgraded rigging 2001, Refit in 2007. New portable Yamaha generator, heavy duty ground tackle and more.
Call or email for details.
(541) 633-7230, (503) 593-1380, ptresness@hotmail.com
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.