About this forum area - Man O' Facturers

Started by CapnK, March 21, 2008, 01:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnK

Opening up a new section here at sailFar, a place where we'll get to talk directly to the manufacturers and/or dealers of the various and sundry items that all contribute to keeping our boats happy, and our wallets thin. ;D

We'll see how it goes with our first guest, and then take it from there, but it seems a good idea (maybe because it's mine. ;D ). I thought this might be a good way for us to become a bit more knowledgeable of the facts about the products we consider, while perhaps at the same time giving the folks who make and provide the gear some ideas about how people see their product, and ideas/concerns/suggestions we might have for them from our end-user viewpoint. So, on to our first guest...

There'll be a thread below this one where you can talk to "Man O' Facturer #1" on our forum, John Franta, Director of Colligo Marine, LLC. There will be links to his site, info, and Q&A talk about the various products Colligo offers in that thread.

-----------

If this works out good, I'm sure there are other folks who we'd like to talk to, who might even want to talk to us. Stephen at Defender.com is one person in particular I know who might be amenable to the suggestion, and if y'all have any other ideas, post 'em here in this thread. If we get a lot (I know I could make a long list fast...), we'll maybe whittle 'em down into some kind of order/priority via a poll or something...

TIA for your suggestions!
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

AdriftAtSea

s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

Navyvet

Now this is a great idea it's like a free marketing test for the companies and a way we can get the questions answered that we have about some products.
People sleep peacefully in the beds because rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf.

Destiny Marina

I would like to say Thank You for doing this!! Rhonda  ;D
:) 850-261-2469 :) Thank You,