S/V WILLIAM BLIGH OFFICIAL VOYAGE THREAD!

Started by Antioch, April 20, 2008, 12:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antioch

Well I'm broke... lots of money spent fixing the car.. getting the Evinrud into like new condition..but I've got a month to go before the voyage.. I need to save all I can to make it a success.. the good news is my pal Brian is coming along to help, and since he's got some experience sailing with me before, it'll be sure to be a good time.... this time.

The s/v WBligh wil be launched... I've gotta do some tinkering with her electrical system which I had a big hand in modifying, and then we'll take on fuel and water... Brian will fix the trim line on the cruising main.. install the new tiller he made, and we'll sail off... we plan to take two weeks to get from Portland to Virginia Beach.. wish us luck. Lots of pix and video can be expected.

P   O    R    T    L    A   N    D    -    M    A    I    N    E

AdriftAtSea

s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

nowell

s/v "Aquila"
1967 Albin Vega #176

jotruk

Fair winds and following seas. Looking farward to the pics and vids
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

Bubba the Pirate

Fair Winds, and looking forward to the updates! 

Todd
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

captain cajun

cajun
com-pac 16
colorado

Marc

s/v Lorinda Des Moines, Iowa

Antioch

Quote from: newt on March 28, 2009, 10:06:10 PM
Good to see you stick to it Robin. How are the cats? Will just Lava be coming with you this time?

Lava will.. but Elvira won't. My friend Brian who I used to sail off SOuthern California with is coming along. I've scheduled the Bligh's launch for the 28th.  This voyage will be successful with the help.

Robin

Antioch

Lava's "Emergency" PFD.. it restricts his movements more than the yellow Sport model which he likes a lot more.

Antioch

:)
My God, Nebraska is so far from Portland. While last year was a piece of cake in the huge and comfortable Ford Bronco, with its massive comfy seats, ample stretching room, and CRUISE CONTROL, it cost me over $1600 in gas at last Summer's prices... and rattled her to bits. This year I decided to drive my old Mark 1 Montero (branded as an 88 Dodge Raider), which I just spent a fortune restoring.. it, however, does not have cruise control, is half the Bronco's size, and is stick shift... but she is only costing me $400 round trip to drive cross country... so that's a plus at least, however my right heal is KILLING ME from all the constant pressure on the throttle. I took an extremely hot bath this evening at the Holiday Inn Express (just west of Jamestown, New York) in hopes that it would... alleviate some of my pain... well we'll see.

So we should be leaving the hotel by 2200, a mere two hours from now. I'm letting my crew-mate Brian sleep another hour or so... having slept a VERY restful four or so earlier myself. I want to be in Portland by 0900 tomorrow so we can begin getting her ready for sea next week. Currently I have a checklist of around thirty items that need attention before she's launched into the not-always peaceful Casco Bay.

It's also worth noting that our average mpg in the Raider is 21.88 miles to the gallon.