News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Question about becoming a "Scooter"

Started by Captain Smollett, July 02, 2008, 02:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Smollett

Do I have to paint eyeballs on my glasses?

(If you don't get that, just ignore me....in fact, probably best to ignore me anyway).
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

CapnK

Man, I was reading that, heard a big WHOOSH, and something went right over my head...

What was that? ;D

JohnSmollett - if yer gonna do that, you should paint the eyeballs on sunglasses, would be my suggestion... :D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Captain Smollett

Quote from: CapnK on July 02, 2008, 03:17:14 PM
Man, I was reading that, heard a big WHOOSH, and something went right over my head...

What was that? ;D

JohnSmollett - if yer gonna do that, you should paint the eyeballs on sunglasses, would be my suggestion... :D

What can I say...I was a Muppet fan when I was a kid.   ;D
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

CapnK

Please Buy My Boats. ;)

hearsejr

what did we decide on..2 crew, or single handed? boat length? starting off point? destination? someone can just email me if you like with the details  at hearsejr@yahoo.com

Bill

CapnK

Hi Bill -

Details @ the Scoot website . Please read what's there (you, and every potential Scooter or anyone considering a Scoot of their own...).

Basically, it's your own choice to Scoot and no one else's, so do what you want, nobody is telling you 'how' or 'what' anything. ALL of the responsibility is completely and totally yours, and yours alone. From now, when you are first considering it, until your boat leaves the support and comfort of civilization behind and goes out into a place where *nothing* is guaranteed, not even survival. You cannot rely on the help of anyone else, for anything.

So, it's up to *you*, as a self-responsible individual, to decide to Scoot, to make sure that you and your boat are ready for whatever could happen - and all that involves. Best and absolute Worst Case scenarios.

:)
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

hearsejr

wow.. it sounds like just a normal cruise..lol .. I am going to cheat eerrr I mean, maybe sneak out a little early and test the rout out first..hehehehe leave all you suckers in my wake trying to figure how I got ahead of you so fast. hehehehehe
Bill

Lynx

Can I go down the East Coast and get safe harbor when the wind/seas are too much and motor down the ICW at 13 mph???

I won't tell  ::)
MacGregor 26M

ronc98

That was my plan.   poop now i need to figure something else out.

Lynx

I am just kidding, I might make it at the start but head north and do Maine for the summer and then head to the finnish line around Dec.
MacGregor 26M