News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Scoot strategy

Started by Godot, July 02, 2008, 03:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chattcatdaddy

I think they were on a schedule. When the Scoot starts hopefully the weather will be more favorable and if not everyone could wait for a better window. No sense in leaving April 24 if you are gonna get pounded by the weather/gulfstream.

Can`t wait to hear everyone's accounts of the trip once the Scoot is completed. I`m sure everyone is gonna have a different strategy on how to deal with the weather/gulfstream.  Will make it easier for those of us who will miss the Scoot 2010.
Keith
International Man of Leisure

Auspicious

My intent was to reflect on the expectation that regardless of plans we'll each have to make our own assessment based on the realities of weather (and other factors) when we actually leave.
S/V Auspicious
HR 40 - a little big for SailFar but my heart is on small boats
Chesapeake Bay

Beware cut and paste sailors.

Mario G

The wife and I seem to handle our C-22 very well on our 3 day outting so I figure follow the guy in front and try to keep up.  The smaller boat advantage...  the less that can go wrong and the less the wife can clutter it up ;D

Godot

New Scoot strategy... Leave a year later and see how the first wave does.  (I hope someone makes it the first year...)
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay