News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

08 on Jubilee

Started by Frank, January 18, 2009, 09:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s/v Faith

QuotePS..Faith and Lynx..I'm having fresh raison bread from Sid's store tonight  Grin

Oh man, have an extra piece for me.    ;)

Here is some grog to wash it down with.  ;D
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Frank

Back at work  :-(       Had an unusual winter with limited exploring in the Green Turtle and Manjack erea. As always..it is the people you meet that make it worthwhile.One young couple breaking free and full of adventure.They were so excited to be there you couldn't help but feel good around them.Another couple that 'live aboard' and their lagoon cat is home.They have been all through the islands and have done the pacific as well.Their son was born there and they told of worried times when he developed a condition near Tonga.They home school and are a joy to be around.There's the 'ole crew'...the people you see yearly and look forward to catching up with. Robert and Emily have been cruising the Abacos for many years.They now have an ole power boat with tanks and batteries where the inboard was and are totally selfsufficient with eves feeding the tanks during a rain.They power with twin 20HP hondas and love to tuck into the shallow bays.Originally they sailed the islands and Emilie really miss's the feel of a sail boat.Robert is a long time sailor and has crossed the atlantic 3 times.Once with a friend,once more solo to qualify for the OSTAR and then entering the OSTAR back in 1973. They are a joy to be with,a wealth of experience and knowledge and being from SC, I just love listening to him tell stories with that southern drawl. Then there'e LuLu and GiGi.They've been cruising for 28years. They are Swiss and  have sailed around the world (they even enjoyed the red sea?) Last year they decided to head south from Bahamas and ended up in south america for visits before heading back up to the Chesapeake.The list of characters goes on and on. What strikes me about them is that although they have a wealth of knowledge and experience, all of them are extremely humble, understated and just love 'hanging out'.I look forward to returning as early as november 1st this year getting back into that 'island time' mode, reuniting with the Abaco gang again. 
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Marc

I can only dream tobe there
s/v Lorinda Des Moines, Iowa

Frank

Left to right    ...   GiGi, Robert having a drink, beside him and behind that thingy on a stick is Emilie, the funny looking greyhaired guy next is me and the last fellow is LuLu.   Note whats missing?.........................hair colour  ;D

Frank

Frank

Sharks too

Frank

Frank

Frank

Frank

Why you take a mooring ball in Black sound when a front blows thru  ;)

Frank

The beautiful wooden 'Abaco dingy'

Frank

Frank

Pretty lil Alberg design ...cape dory Typhoon at black sound

Tim

A grog and a thank you Frank. We didn't get down there this year so happy for at least some pics.
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Amgine

More grog! The pics are wonderful. The Typhoon made me wonder if someone's cruising on it, but I see the hailing port is Green Turtle Cay. (Wonderful little Cape Dory boat though.)

Frank

This is an Eagle ray. They are spotted and have a somewhat dolphin shaped head

skylark

Thanks for the pics, Frank
Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

Frank

Met this Schooner.It is beautifully, 'cold molded' and very striking to look at.It was built in Canada

Frank

Here's a 1964 28 fter designed by Bill Tripp to compete with the Triton.The yard stored them side by side on the hard which gave an interesting comparison. The main cabin ports are not original so the 'look' is off a bit.It is a European built boat.

Frank

Here's the reason we didn't get too far this year.....BUSY.  Just getting materials to port in the USA,then to GreenTurtle...then to ManJack was an experience. Once there it was fun.Going back in november to put doors and windows in, water tanks and paint etc.Its just some primer now.Ran out of paint and time. It is on the NW end of Manjack. Very pretty spot....good destination for passing sailfar guys/gals in a year.