Bebi Electronics LED lights

Started by CapnK, February 03, 2009, 11:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SalientAngle

Quote from: Porter Wayfare on May 04, 2013, 02:57:53 PM
Moving on to battery sizing--
Can anyone give me a steer?  As in directions--not the animal.  Thanks.
Not steer, not poultry, not the other white meat, BUT this is a thoughtful discussion I bookmarked: http://sailfar.net/forum/index.php/topic,3401.0.htmlhttp://sailfar.net/forum/index.php/topic,3401.0.html

Porter Wayfare

Thanks.  That might be the one I was remembering.  I can't remember.  I should learn to bookmark.  Grog to you, too!
a wooden Wayfarer,  Solje  W1321

I can't watch the sea for a long time or what's happening on land doesn't interest me anymore.  -Monica Vitti

marujo_sortudo

Just had my Bebi OWL fail after 6 months or so.  Emailed them to ask about it.  They quickly responded and asked for my mailing address.  The new one has arrived with virtually no questions asked.  Incredible support.

Tim

Quote from: marujo_sortudo on June 05, 2013, 07:26:06 PM
Just had my Bebi OWL fail after 6 months or so.  Emailed them to ask about it.  They quickly responded and asked for my mailing address.  The new one has arrived with virtually no questions asked.  Incredible support.

That is great to hear
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Godot

It appears that Bebi Electronics has closed. This is sad. I really like my anchor light.

We regret to inform our thousands of customers in over 76 countries, that we've very reluctantly have chosen to close Bebi Electronics down.

This has been a very difficult decision, after working for more than 10 years creating a viable business in a very obscure location, and in spite of all of the hurdles thrown at us by the current regime in Fiji.

The political situation within Fiji has degenerated so much following the military coup in 2006 that by 2012, the expatriate investor's in Fiji (Michael and Kendra), felt that our personal safety had been compromised by the regime. Thus, for our safety (and the safety of our child who was born in Fiji), we departed the country a year ago.

After the daughter of a high ranking official embezzeled a large amount of money, we tried our best to keep things going remotely, but without the cash cushion (and without continuing innovation in a rapidly evolving field), the business trend was downward, and this (shutting down) was the only viable decision.

We have very much enjoyed working with 99.99999999% of our customers, and consider many to be friends.

Farewell and much love from Michael, Kendra, and all of the staff in Bagasau.
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

CharlieJ

Oh no!!! I knew Michael and Kendra were running it at a distance- he and I emailed a good bit. But shutting down completely- ouch

A very sad day, for sure.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

marujo_sortudo

Very sad.  Saddest for those left behind that are presumably unemployed right now in a country with a deteriorating political situation.  Glad Michael, Kendra, and their little one made it out safely, though.

CharlieJ

Still don't know if they got the boat out yet. They are in American Samoa. Boat had been in Fiji.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera