Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Ancora Latina anchors

Started by CapnK, February 03, 2009, 11:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Smollett

Quote from: CapnK on July 07, 2010, 09:56:49 AM
I've checked the Ancora Latina site a few times in the past month since noticing that it went down, and it looks like the site has been abandoned...

Anyone have any news about this company/anchor?

I was really liking the idea, very interested, especially the stowable model... Hope they're still around...

I sent a query to the email address we have on file, but have doubts I'll hear anything, as it ending with "@ancoralatina.com"...

Updated, following day: Email is bouncing back, no answer...

It seems the original owner of anchora latina has passed away, and a competitor (Rocna) has purchased the domain name and redirects to some very questionable marketing information.  All links in this thread have been removed.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Rick Westlake

Sad news about Ancora Latina.

I'm bringing my Raya Tempest aboard Halcyon, my "new" Bristol 29.9, when I finish the road trips I want to do with Bossa Nova (my Mac 26X).  Joao's old website had my anchor listed as being competent to hold a 33-foot boat of 4.5 tonnes displacement, so it should be competent at least as a "spare".