News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Ambuscade

Started by nemona, January 17, 2006, 09:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemona

Hi, my name is Andrea and I'm the proud owner of a Cape Dory 28 named Ambuscade.

The boat is named after a British Warship who came to my assistance while I was on the charter boat from heck in the BVI many years ago.

For 10 years I sailed a Merit 21 on Long Island Sound. Now I'm on the Chesapeake but last fall went down the ICW from Norfolk to the Keys. It was a wonderful trip and I highly recommend it.

I'll have to figure out how to post a picture so you can see my beautiful little "yacht".

BTW when I had my Merit the sales brochure said "sleeps 7 comfortably". Used to laugh everytime I thought of it...maybe the  7 dwarfs but not real people. But it was great for 2, camping on the water. 

Thanks for starting this forum. On the ICW I used to feel like the smallest boat everywhere. It's great to see how many others don't think you need a large boat to travel. My philosopy has always been KISS, less to break that way.

s/v Faith

Welcome Andrea!

What a cool way to come by a boat name.   ;D

Gotta love a Cape Dory, look forward to the pictures. Did you do the trip to the keys in the CD, or the Merit 21? 

If you were southbound last fall, you probably ran aground at the entrance to the 'New River' where I sail.  :-X  Many did, as it had sholed up to less then 3' in some places.

Regular employment for 'Sea Tow'....  ::)
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

oded kishony

Hi nemona, whereare you located  on the Chesapeake?

I'm in Urbanna, VA for the time being-although I heard that there's a huge development planned for the area. If it gets final approval I suspect that we'll have to find a new port. :-(

Oded Kishony

nemona

Did the trip to the Keys on the CD. Actually went out on the ocean from Lake Worth to Ft Lauderdale and then went up the New River .

When I reached Lake Worth the bridges and megayacht traffic had really gotten to me. Wow I thought the Long Island Sound on Sunday was bad but the ICW in Southern Florida is unreal. Didn't ground though :D.

The New River is pretty scary, so many big boats in such a small space.

I'm near the mouth of the Chesapeake. Have the boat in Little Creek Harbour in Norfolk. The harbour brings you out several miles west of the Chesapeake Bay Tunnel Bridge.

The boat was in Deltaville when I bought it, pretty close to where you are.