From Tehani - out cruising

Started by CharlieJ, July 13, 2009, 11:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieJ

At 0700 this morning Laura took in the lines and left the marina on the first leg of our prolonged cruise. Unfortunately due to some hanging work and pending family business I couldn't go along.

We have given up our slip though, and the dock box is empty- might be a year before we get the boat back over here.

She'll be single hand for several weeks until I can get free to join her.

MUCH incentive to work my tail off to complete what I need to complete and get over with her. But I'm sure she'll enjoy her time single hand also.

On Edit - inserted spaces into thread name so that the Search function would pick up "Tehani" as a standalone word. :) CapnK
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Tim

I am sure we all wish we could help get you out too, Fair winds for Laura
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

skylark

Bon Voyage!

Where will you be checking in, here or at the trailer sailor site?
Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

CharlieJ

Hi Skylark-most likely, as we can, we'll post on both sites. I consider either my "home forum" although we've been on TSBB a long LONG time.

Laura can post from her IPhone- it's slow to key into, but works pretty much every where.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Auspicious

Congratulations to you both. I am envious.

sail fast and eat well, dave
S/V Auspicious
S/V Auspicious
HR 40 - a little big for SailFar but my heart is on small boats
Chesapeake Bay

Beware cut and paste sailors.

jotruk

%$&* wish I were getting under way. May your days pass quickly until your able to rejoin your boat and wife
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

AdriftAtSea

Well hurry and and git going Charlie... Tell Laura congratulations for me.. :)
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

CharlieJ

The boat I'm restoring is scheduled to deliver on July 31. Should finish it by this Monday or Tuesday

Then I have to help my mother resolve a problem next week and weekend.

Then I'm done and on the way.

Can't happen soon enough :D
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

maxiSwede

Quote from: CharlieJ on July 14, 2009, 08:09:45 PM
The boat I'm restoring is scheduled to deliver on July 31. Should finish it by this Monday or Tuesday

Then I have to help my mother resolve a problem next week and weekend.

Then I'm done and on the way.

Can't happen soon enough :D

Good to hear. Enjoy! ;D
s/v  Nanna
Southern Cross 35' Cutter in French Polynesia
and
H-boat 26' - Sweden

svnanna.wordpress.com

Gus

Keep in touch you guys, are you going to be around NC too?
s/v Halve Maen
1976 Chrysler 22
North Carolina
www.flickr.com/photos/gus_chrysler22/

Lynx

If you make it to Marathon, fl or Key West, let me know.

Keep a dry boat.
MacGregor 26M

CharlieJ

JUST talked to Laura- she's at anchor in Offats Bayou, Galveston, Tx. Had a 50 mile run today in the ICW, with two hours riding to the anchor enduring squalls in Galveston's West Bay. She said it "BLEW stink" and "I LOVE that all chain anchor rode" :D :D

She'll hang around there for several days, then is moving to another Galveston spot where she can get some water and hit a grocery store

Two more weeks and I'll be joining  her.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Frank

Getting excited CJ ??     
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

CharlieJ

No, just tired. I really have been going too hard to get excited yet. I've been hitting the shop around 0700, 0730 and going til I run out of gas. And 95 degrees outside ain't helping this old body.  But either tomorrow or the next day, the boat I'm finishing will be all back together.

Then I have to set the water tanks and run some waterlines and I'M DONE!!

Project to help my mother with and I'm gonna be outta here :D :D Two weeks tops. IF all goes well of course. Don't want to tempt fate ;)
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

nowell

I was down in Freeport this weekend working on Aquila when the rains hit. It was no joke, that stuff was coming in sideways! Its good, we needed it, but darn! I hear Houston got rocked on Sat noon/night. Some co-workers have been telling me power was out, lots of lightening strikes, and flooding. I can imagine how it was out on the bay.

Good luck you two! Fair winds and following seas!
s/v "Aquila"
1967 Albin Vega #176

CharlieJ

And here at the house we have not had a drop >:(
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

s/v Faith

Bet you are feeling like you can't get the delivery finished soon enough... I know I would be. 

CJ, you two will have to let me know when you are passing my way.  Sure would like to meet you both and maybe share a meal.

Fair winds!
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

CharlieJ

Ok I'm aboard Tehani. We are currently at anchor in
the CAlcasiu river in LOuisiana. Heading east. learning to type on this IPhone-grin.

Will Try to keep posting as I can.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Tim

"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Frank

Good for ya. Have fun kids    ;)
God made small boats for younger boys and older men