From Tehani - out cruising

Started by CharlieJ, July 13, 2009, 11:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario G

Bet Laura is happy to have her cabin boy aboard ;D( sorry couldn't resist)

Hers hoping everything goes well, I enjoy the read and can't wait to get finished with my project so me and the wife can experience the same type of adventures. 

Capt. Tony

Man! A guy turns his back for a couple of weeks and look what happens!!

Seriously, it is great to read threads like this.  There are many, if  not all, on this board that deserve it, but it makes a genuine smile appear to know you two are living it again.  It must be the good karma coming back around for all the input and help you offer the rest of us. 

A heart felt thanks and a sincere congratulations from the frozen, flooding, mosquito infested Northlands of Minnesota.

(of course we demand a full account of the adventure in both word and pictures)

CharlieJ

We are tied up in a friends slip. In Cyremort Point YC, Vermilion Bay, La. Heading toaards New Orleans on Sunday. More when we get near Wifi . Keying thiis with 1 finger on L's IPhone.   
But having a ball !!!
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Tim

Your doing quite well with that one finger stuff ;D, great to hear your having fun, Have a good time in N.O.
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Grime

Good to hear from you guys.  Keep having a blast and keeping us posted. Lisa types with one finger. If we get a IPhone she'll be right a home.

We're sure missing you guys. We are shooting for Sept 21st to leave if I can pull it off. Maybe I'm the one that needed the balls.  ;D
David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

CharlieJ

Are you planning to head South, Laura asks? She says that's the right way, end of Sept. Grin
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Grime

Had hoped to go the other direction. Not really interested in staying in Texas or going to Mexico. We'd leave tomorrow but I think you know why we  need to stay a little longer.

David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

CapnK

Got an email from CJ&L today - they are anchored by Jones Point (fittingly, eh? ;D).

QuoteHey guys-theInavx email is where we are anchored. About 15 miles before the Miss river. Should get into Ponchantrain tomorrow. IF the weather permits us-supposed to be rainy.

Charlie

Mapquest link:
http://tinyurl.com/lrwbv3

Screengrab below, so you don't have to actually go to that site... ;)

http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

CharlieJ

Thanks Capt. Looks like we're gonna be here today. Thunderstorms all around, 70% chnce of boomers. Sure don't want to be in a lock or Industrial  canal and get hammered. Tight enough in there with the towboats in clear weather. We have least 4 locks and 2 bridges to transit to get into Pontchantrain.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Grime

Couple of photos that Charlie sent me tonight.

In Harvey Canal

Tugs in Harvey Canal

Mississippi River Bridge N.O.

David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

CharlieJ

We are currently at anchor in an offshoot of the Pearl River, border between La and Miss.  Rain clouds all around us so we'll just stay put today :D

Had planned to sailout to Cat Island. Guess that's tomorrow's plan- grin.

This cruising is tough work ;D
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Grime

Lisa and I had planned on sailing today but with a 40% chance decided not to. We are headed to the boat anyway. Let it rain, let it pour we need all we can get right now.

For those of you keeping up with CJ and L's location they can be found on chart 11367.

David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

Gerald A. Gotts

Have a wonderful time cruising around you guys !!!!
Now..............bring me that horizon

- Jack Sparrow

CharlieJ

Thanks guys.

At the moment we are tied up in the county docks in Ocean Springs , Miss.

We'll probably be here another day then on to Horn Island , then to meet some saolors at Petit Bois Island for Labor Day weekend. Then on to Pensacola.

Tonight we had a dinner of Shrimp bought off boat two slips down. Two. Ignts ago was fresh caught crab.

Having a great time.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

velpanore

Hello Tehani,

Sorry to come at you out of the blue but I get the impression you are sailing (based?) on the Gulf Coast and as I am thinking about heading that way early next year I wondered if you had any advice.

Will be heading south from Annapolis in October and hope to go to the Bahamas Dec09? and end up finally in Galveston my mid May 2010. Thinking of coastal hops and the ICW to go west. Wondering how cold it might be and so the right time to leave Florida.

Any advice will be helpful.

Yours
Owen Zeimer
sv Velpanore
sv Velpanore
Alberg 30
US East Coast
Cell (305)304-4123

CharlieJ

Sorry- really know very little about Galveston.. it's still undergoing extensive rebuilding since Hurricane Ike.

CAN tell you that the anchorage in Offat's Bayou is still open for use, is well protected ( from normal storms) and is fairly near to stores, including a WALMART and a West Marine.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

CharlieJ

Tehani is currently in a guest slip in Pascagoula, Miss. I'm ( Charlie) aboard by myself.

Laura's father passed away last Monday and she flew back to Texas on Tuesday evening- from Mobile. She'll be returning  to the boat next week sometime and we'll continue on towards Florida- slowly.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Cpt2Be

Quote from: CharlieJ on September 04, 2009, 12:13:04 PM
Tehani is currently in a guest slip in Pascagoula, Miss. I'm ( Charlie) aboard by myself.

Laura's father passed away last Monday and she flew back to Texas on Tuesday evening- from Mobile. She'll be returning  to the boat next week sometime and we'll continue on towards Florida- slowly.

Our condolences on your loss.

Greg & Adina

s/v Faith

Charlie,

I am so sorry to hear about Laura's mother.

Prayers go out for her and the family.  I am sure you recall Rose's mom passed away when we were cruising.  I know that we were thankful that if it had to happen, at least it did when we were able to get back easily (relatively).

Please let me know if there is anything we can do.  You guys are getting close and I would be happy to help in any way I can.  Make sure to give me a heads up when you get close for sure.

Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Tim

Charlie
As I said to Laura on TSBB, my best and prayers for all of you.
Tim
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward