From Tehani - out cruising

Started by CharlieJ, July 13, 2009, 11:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario G

Hey Charlie glad to hear you made it across the Albemarle Sound ok, you can never believe them with the weather.

Grime

David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

CharlieJ

Woohoo- an acheivement for Laura-

At 1242 today we passed Mile zero of the Atlantic ICW. She has now completed the entire official inter coastal waterway, both Gulf and Atlantic, by sailboat!!

Took a couple of back to back near 50 mile days to do it.

We are at anchor in Willoughby Bay, JUST before the Elizabeth River empties into Hampton Roads and the Chesapeake Bay.

We finally got here!! Now if the weather will allow, tomorrow we enter the Chesapeake.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Auspicious

Charlie -

I'm out of town on a delivery from Friday this coming week until Wednesday(ish) next week. If you make it to Annapolis before or after give me a buzz and you can count on local support.
S/V Auspicious
HR 40 - a little big for SailFar but my heart is on small boats
Chesapeake Bay

Beware cut and paste sailors.

maxiSwede

Quote from: CharlieJ on May 22, 2011, 04:32:17 PM
Woohoo- an acheivement for Laura-

At 1242 today we passed Mile zero of the Atlantic ICW. She has now completed the entire official inter coastal waterway, both Gulf and Atlantic, by sailboat!!

Took a couple of back to back near 50 mile days to do it.

We are at anchor in Willoughby Bay, JUST before the Elizabeth River empties into Hampton Roads and the Chesapeake Bay.

We finally got here!! Now if the weather will allow, tomorrow we enter the Chesapeake.

Congratulations to the two of you! :D
s/v  Nanna
Southern Cross 35' Cutter in French Polynesia
and
H-boat 26' - Sweden

svnanna.wordpress.com

Grime

David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

Grime

From the boatyard at Great Bridge. Someone on the board will identify this boat. It's kinda famous

Looks like a skyscraper from down here.

David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

Jim_ME

Congrats on making it to the Chesapeake Bay, and for completing the entire inter-coastal waterway. That is quite an achievement.

Enjoying the updates and photos. I'm going to guess that is the Presidential Yacht USS Sequoia.

CharlieJ

Quote from: Jim_ME link=topic=2504.msg36349#msg36349 date=

Enjoying the updates and photos. I'm going to guess that is the Presidential Yacht
i]USS Sequoia[/i].

Bingo!! ;D
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Grime

Bridge decks make great buffet tables. Shared Mahi Mahi filets with a friend.

David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

okawbow

Hi Charlie,

Chuck Jones here. We are in the Chesapeake, anchored at Kings Creek near Cape Charles, on the Eastern shore. My wife and I have come this far from Mobile. since May 9th. After I brought our Cheoy Lee 31 ketch down the Tenn- Tom in April; we sailed straight to Key West in 6 days. We sailed outside to North carolina with a few stops along the way. We have done the ICW since. Sailed from Portsmouth to here today in light winds. HOT! I'm heading north to find cooler weather. Will be in the Cheasapeake for a while. Would like to see you and Laura. Hope we run into you. Tired of being the smallest boat in the harbour all the time...
Chuck
Here he lies where he long'd to be;  
Home is the sailor, home from the sea,  
  And the hunter home from the hill.

CharlieJ

Quote from: okawbow on June 09, 2011, 06:46:10 PM
Hi Charlie,

Chuck Jones here. We are in the Chesapeake, anchored at Kings Creek near Cape Charles, on the Eastern shore. My wife and I have come this far from Mobile. since May 9th. After I brought our Cheoy Lee 31 ketch down the Tenn- Tom in April; we sailed straight to Key West in 6 days. We sailed outside to North carolina with a few stops along the way. We have done the ICW since. Sailed from Portsmouth to here today in light winds. HOT! I'm heading north to find cooler weather. Will be in the Cheasapeake for a while. Would like to see you and Laura. Hope we run into you. Tired of being the smallest boat in the harbour all the time...
Chuck

HiChuck- we're nearDeltaville and should be here for a few weeks. Assisting someonewith a project.
PM or email me
And we'll see if we can connect. We have a vehicle along. ;D
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

okawbow

Hi Charlie
Finally got to check the website.
We are sailing north to Annapolis today. Plan to anchor in Selby bay in the South river. if you get close; our boat name is Clarity.
Chuck
Here he lies where he long'd to be;  
Home is the sailor, home from the sea,  
  And the hunter home from the hill.

Grime

It was really great to get back out on the water sailing again. Broad reach and downwind sailing today averaging 4.5 kts.

David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

Grime

David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

CharlieJ

We moved for more protection from winds. Very gusty today and Laura was trying to finish revarnishing the companionway trim- so we moved the boat deep into Stutts Creek. Quite peaceful in here.

Varnish work done, trim recaulked and reinstalled.

Probably head up to around the Wicomico River tomorrow.'weather permitting. There's a museum in Reedville that needs my attention ;D
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Grime

David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

CharlieJ

No Inavx position, but many people just may know where we are. ;D

We are anchored in the Potomac River, direct across from Mt Vernon, Washington's home. Tomorrow we'll tour.

Amazingly, on this, the Maryland shore, there is not a light to be seen. The shore looks like wilderness. Earlier Laura watched a doe and fawn walking along the waters edge, totally unconcerned. Pretty cool when you consider we are less than 20 miles from DC.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

phil416

As I set here preparing to clear deadwood from the lot, I'm green with envy. Phil
Rest in Peace, Phil;

link to Phil's Adventure thread.

Grime

4048 miles and we have arrived at the Nation's Capitol.

Not too shabby for a 50 year old sailboat and two hicks from Texas. :)

David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27