Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieJ

Couple more days. Should be Mermentau River tonight
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

ralay

Sorry I'm going to miss you on your way through Freeport.  JW will give me the details, I suppose.

CharlieJ

Ok, third try-

Sorry for the lack of updates lately but I've pretty much just been re-plowing old waters.. Nothing particularly new.

As of yesterday at 1700, Tehani entered her home slip in Port Lavaca. Matagorda Bay tried hard to kick our butts yesterday afternoon, with winds from the south at 18, putting the seas on my port quarter, which generated some pretty heavy rolling, but we survived  ;D

Total trip miles was 1559, bringing her cruising total to 11,560.

This closes another chapter in "From Tehani, out cruising"

until next time ;D ;D
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Cruiser2B

Hope you had a great time! Thank you for sharing your latest trip. Look forward to following your adventures in the future with Tehani
1976 Westsail 32 #514 Morning Sun
Preparing to get underway!!
USCG 100T Master Near Coastal with Inland Aux Sail

CharlieJ

Probably gonna be just local unless I find another mate to sail with. But thanks. All in all it was a good trip.  One episode with the engine, which once the carb was fixed, never even burped wrong again
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Grime

Now that you are home why not load up your kayak and come over Friday evening for a group evening paddle from the jetties to boggy.  About a 4 mile paddle starts about 1945hrs.  I purchased a 12' sit on top Pelican.

David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

CharlieJ

Unfortunately the kayaks are down in Rockport, at Rachel's.

This gonna be a one shot deal or do several more times? Sounds interesting.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Grime

I think this will happen more.http://www.sabaypartnership.org/ I'll find out more about this Friday. I do know they have done some work on paddling trails here. http://www.dolphinkayak.net/index.html   They have a 12 mile paddling coming up next month. 
David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

CharlieJ

ROFL- I either built  the signs shown in that link or Rhonda and I rebuilt them or some just like them at any rate. She has maps of kayak trails all over Powderhorn and Indianola.. Gave away the last ones I had back this spring but she has more.

Sure I'm interested.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Cyric30

Hay Cj
Glad you had a good trip and made it home safe and sound, gotta drop by chat some time and tell use about it :)

CharlieJ

Be there just after 9 central
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

ralay

Charlie, if you have the time would you consider giving us a quick overview of your trip?  Where was the farthest point from PL you went to?  Time spent sailing vs. motoring, offshore vs. ICW?  General weather?  Any other thoughts or reflections of use to someone planning a similar trip? 

CharlieJ

Sure Rach. Been busy since I got here. Maybe put something together tonight or tomorrow.

Sure enjoyed spending time with James. Wish you'd been there too.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Frank

Pictures or it didn't happen.......

:D ;D :o
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

ralay

Find a mate or a "mate" and meet us somewhere tropical this winter.  Really, that goes for all y'all sail far'ers.  Our northern trip got derailed, so we're trying to psych ourselves up for a southern one.

CharlieJ

Jim_ME has been posting location  and pics for me during trip.. Didn't have any on  way back, because, already been there
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Frank

Some how I missed those pics of that great looking boat from July 3rd?

CJ...she does have great lines! 
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

CharlieJ

Yes she does. Rhodes knew his stuff. And she sails very well too
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Jim_ME

Quote from: CharlieJ on July 31, 2015, 11:34:02 AM
Jim_ME has been posting location  and pics for me during trip.. Didn't have any on  way back, because, already been there

On July 14th, Bastille Day, Charlie reported his position...
"...This is my 9th trip throught here, 3rd single hand. Anyway here's where i am. 8 travel days from home."
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=position@29.643366,-91.397003&z=12&t=m

Which I neglected to post...until now.  :(

Jim_ME

And some photos that CJ shared the next day...

"Here's what I woke up to this morning...
Anchor light attracted them

• That's lazz hatch
  • Here's solar panel
  • Here's just one"