News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

North West Passage

Started by krissteyn, January 22, 2006, 01:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krissteyn

am keenly interested in any info on sail boats traversing the N.W. Passage recently - I am planning to do the trip myself , preferably as crew on another yacht, but if not, I will take my own thru...
Kindly email me  or check out my website to see how far I have got so far  www.freewebs.com/krissteyn/

tigerregis

Some years ago two guys took at least two seasons  west to east. This is no easy task and unless you have enormous resources I would pick another route. BTW, thes guys did it on a small catamaran. You might try the archives of Canadian Yachting or Gam magazines. Good Luck.

CapnK

Kris -

Just checked out your website. How cool - "Atay", your ex Bristol 27, was one of the boats that I just *kept* seeing online when I was looking, and if I could have afforded her I would have been talking to you back then! :) I'm pretty sure that I have read some of your travel experiences online, too. Glad to hear of your plans to keep going, I hope that someone will have the info you need to help "round out" your trip. :) Welcome aboard!
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

s/v Faith

You might want to take a look a 'Sail' magazine.  I think it was in Decembers issue, they had an article on the North West Passage.  I believe they were talking about this year having been worse then usual for ice.... I will look and see if I can find it.

(I don't really like Sail, but had a $9 subscription I got from E-Bay.)
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.