News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Revised?

Started by Godot, August 06, 2009, 09:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godot

2010 ain't gonna work for me.  From what I can tell, it ain't gonna work for quite a few folks.  However, I think I see a path through this crazy, storm clouded thing I call my life, and there is sunshine on the other end.

Soooo, while 2010 looks like a no-go, 2011 looks very promising.  Given the flexibility in the Scoot plans, I am going to push back my start date by one year.  Hopefully that will give life a chance to settle down. 

I'm calling it Scoot 2: The Scoot Reloaded. I'll probably keep the same start place, destination, and approximate start time, just one year later.  This is, of course, MY Scoot.  But if anyone else has had too many curve balls thrown at them lately and are running a year or so late, there is at least the glimmer of an alternate plan.

Right now the Scoot (reloaded) is looking like it could be a trial run for cutting the docklines in a few years and just moseying about in pleasant countries in warm latitudes for awhile.  That sounds awfully appealing at the moment.
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

David_Old_Jersey

Good to have a plan to aim towards.

I think the Scoot Reloaded (2011) is a good idea, doesn't take away from the Scoot concept or from those planniing on 2010 - maybe the powers that be can tweak the list?

Auspicious

Does this mean that 2012 is The Scoot Revolutions?  8)

I'm still on for 2010.
S/V Auspicious
HR 40 - a little big for SailFar but my heart is on small boats
Chesapeake Bay

Beware cut and paste sailors.

Captain Smollett

Quote from: Auspicious on August 06, 2009, 03:43:59 PM

LOL...Grog for that one.    ;D
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Godot

Quote from: Auspicious on August 06, 2009, 03:43:59 PM

I'm still on for 2010.

It just might.  Funny how we both had the exact same, completely original idea, with no hint of trademark infringement, at the exact same time.
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

Chattcatdaddy

Sign me up for the The Scoot: Revolutions. Do not think I`ll be ready for 2011 and definitely not 2010.

Edit: If I can`t make 2011 then I might just head over to Eleuthera and have a few cold ones ready for the finish line.
Keith
International Man of Leisure

Lynx

Looks like a yearly trend is happening. I may get in future years, COOL ::)
MacGregor 26M

hearsejr

Hey Lynx, where are you anchored these days? I'm looking 12-1-09 to be on the boat...I'm end up near you in the near future. once I get some sailing under my belt, I'll know if I want to set my scoot date back...right now I might just do both scoots.

Lynx

I still in Key West Fl taking pictures of people in bathing suits. I gota make a living.
MacGregor 26M

nowell

Quote from: Lynx on August 11, 2009, 07:44:01 AM
I still in Key West Fl taking pictures of people in bathing suits. I gota make a living.

Sounds like a hard living too  ;D
s/v "Aquila"
1967 Albin Vega #176

hearsejr

Hey Lynx, sorry to hear you have it so rough.  ;D but look at it this way, work hard and save up some up $$$$ maybe you can retire, and spend your days watching the gals in bikinis all day..lolololol

Frank

Heh Lynx....don't frett. We all go through periods where we have to do things we really don't want to.I'm sure it must be terribly hot in the sun scouting for that "perfect picture". Take care of yourself....use sunblock and drink lots of water.Hanging around beach volleyball games may help getting great pics. I know its a dirty job and you may get sand kicked at you as they dive for a shot...but heh...you gotta do what you gotta do. Don't work too hard.  :o
God made small boats for younger boys and older men