Weekend sail destination

Started by Pablo, January 15, 2009, 12:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pablo

As the Arctic air sweeps through Wisconsin (we are at -14°F as I write this), I am really suffering from sailing withdraw.  I think it is time I look into an inexpensive weekend get away to get my fix.  I am looking for some where warm (above 60 would be nice) where I could spend a few days on a lake or the ocean.  All my experience is with small boats so renting day sailor would be preferred of anything thing bigger.  So my question is what would my fellow Sailfar.netters recommend? 
Paul

Volksdraggin

I will be sailing from Fl to Puerto Aventuras Mexico, it should take 3-4 days if you might want to go along.
S/V Echo
1979 27' Watkins

Zen

Ahoy
We are heading out tomorrow for a short weekend sail. The last long sail was bring s/v Zen to her new marina. We had a short day sail a month ago with some friends. Tomorrow, Friday the wifee and I head to a overnight visit to a place called Coyote Point. It is not really a long haul about 5 hours.

We will meet up a long the way if it works out with some of the Islander 36 group. The reason we are going to Coyote point is for a weekend gathering with them. There we will hookup with our Osaka Posse.

The route is pretty simple, fair winds and good temps are called for. The only thing I am uneasy about is the motor. On Weds I went out for a short spin and the motor cut off, and would not re-start, until after some considerable hassle and muscle power to get her drifted into a slip. To the amusement of a couple of guys sitting on a near by boat watching. Anyway She fired up shortly after I got in the slip. I'm thinking the affair was my fault having her idled too low.

The nice things about this trip is there are others ( not the lost others ) near by and... my Boat US membership is current. THe boat is the weak line on the boat, other than being depended on wind if there is no motor power, then your toast.. been there.

I'm thinking about mounting some oar mounts on the bow, for just in case...

Anyway, I'm off...

too be continued
https://zensekai2japan.wordpress.com/
Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club

s/v Faith

Good luck Zen,

Will you be taking a dingy?  If so, might be easier to tow the mothership with the dingy while lady Zen steers.

Hope you don't need to do it anyway...

Enjoy!
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Zen

For now... a few pixs

It was a good sail!

Tim

Looks like nice and warm down there for you, glad to here the sail was good.
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Frank

We'e had buckets of rain all summer. Nice to see you had sunny days.Have fun,
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Zen

Yes, good times...
sailing , wine tasting, eating, walking, eating, sailing...oh and drinking ( not while sailing )