polecat

Auspicious -

I'm checkin in
the scoot to begin
the 26th or near
To Eleuthra we'll stray
to roust up the beer
Be seein Y'all in may

Sorry - this happens when I read poetry....
jim

Pappy Jack

I had about four months without work last fall and winter and now will start work Monday after two months with out work :P. I doubt I'll make it due to a lack of $$$ :P but on the other hand, I've learned how little money I need to survive ::). "Hope reigns eternal" they say but I really doubt that I'll be able to make it.

Fair winds and full sails,

Pappy Jack

Mario G

Its the reason the wife lets me go practice..I mean sailing when I want.

Shes all in for this trip she just wants to make sure I'm ready ... lol she even tells me that I have to go storm sailing a few different times before then. of coarse the first one is without her.  (she even bought me foul weather gear)

The money is in an investment that is more sound then any stock, the only thing I want and need is another set of sails(just as spares).  and I might move up in to the 21 century with the Nav system. 

Other then the wait I'd be ready tomorrow, not to say this is a once in a life time thing but I'm all about "If you can make your dreams reality go for it"

hearsejr

I'm in...still. I'm not really ready and the boat needs help, but I'm still going .

nmwarren

I'm not doing the Scoot, but I plan on being in the Bahamas around that time.  In March 2010 my girlfriend and I are going to trailer to the Palm Beach area in Florida and make the crossing to the Abacos and just go from there.

No real goals or time commitments, but I imagine by May we could be in Eleuthra.  I hope to see a lot of Sailfar boats in the Bahamas!  We'll be the young couple on a white and blue Compac 23.

svsoutherncross

mmwarren, sounds like about what we're planning as well. Leaving NC in January to do the ICW to FL, then making the jump. We're "planning" (we really have no plan) on trying to make Eleuthera about the same time the scooters start arriving.

Hopefully, we'll be running into you and some other sailfar'ers. We'll be the young couple on the Islander 34 "Southern Cross". See ya'll soon!

Godot

Godot will be put up for sale when I get back from Atlanta.  I'm out.  I need cash, and would like to sell her before my next marina bill comes due.

But I hope to have a new boat/home sometime next year.  It will probably exceed 30', but what can you do ... I need the longer liveaboard length to deal with the realities of shore life, not sea life.

Fingers crossed I will make the trip, albeit a year or two late, and in a boat a few feet too large.
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

Tim

Good Luck Adam, sorry to hear about Godot but sometimes (always?) life dictates. I am sure you will be back on the water soon, meantime make sure you hang around here.

Tim
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Auspicious

I'm very sorry Adam. My deepest condolences on all your travails.
S/V Auspicious
HR 40 - a little big for SailFar but my heart is on small boats
Chesapeake Bay

Beware cut and paste sailors.

s/v Faith

I too am very sorry to hear that Adam.

You WILL get through all of this, and I look forward to the day you have.

May it come more quickly then you can imagine.

Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Auspicious

Quote from: Godot on October 16, 2009, 11:45:17 AMFingers crossed I will make the trip, albeit a year or two late, and in a boat a few feet too large.

Adam - do you have time for a goodish distance trip the last week of December? E-mail me if you are interested.

sail fast, dave
S/V Auspicious
Chesapeake Bay

Godot

Quote from: Auspicious on October 16, 2009, 02:50:14 PM

Adam - do you have time for a goodish distance trip the last week of December? E-mail me if you are interested.

sail fast, dave

I have New Years week off.  I'm working Christmas weekend.  My plans for that week are a little indistinct.  I'm not quite sure what is going on.

What are your plans?
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"

Auspicious

I can't find your e-mail address - either e-mail me or send me your address in a PM and I'll share my plans and see if you want to come play.
S/V Auspicious
Chesapeake Bay

Godot

will do. I'm living cell phone internet at the moment. Sailfar is somewhat limited on my Nokia; but I'll email you (or pm you if I don't have your address) when I next get on my regular computer.

Or, just hit me at aplourde [at] webcdi.com.

(ain't I trusting with my email addy)
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"

Frank

Just got a surprize today.I have to withdraw. No big deal but certainly changes my spring.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

s/v Faith

Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Frank

Its not my health...I'm about as good as a over 50, overwieght, deaf guy with arthritis can be. It's a boat-stupidity issue...one that can be resolved when I get back next spring. Lets just say "me dumb"
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Mario G

I've been sailing every weekend and staying aboard for three days at a time. ( Yes I know its different then weeks)

What would be a great help is if I know how fat I have to stuff the vacation piggy.  I can always have a good time without spendingh lots of cash..

Just getting to sail there and back would make me happy...ok maybe a few mugs of grog also

(if you want a suvinour come here and get it yourself  ;D)

Lynx

If you do not need major repairs then $ 1000 per month would do well. You can get by on $ 500 on a well founded boat.
MacGregor 26M