News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Abacos 09/10

Started by Frank, November 21, 2009, 11:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

In "latts an Atts" last year there was an lengthy article written by a cruising couple that had been boarded by pirates in Gautemala (sp?) and how a nearby boat  didn't fair as well with the captain being murdered. I ended up meeting them and sharing several glass's of wine. Interesting conversation. They didn't resist...they are still cruiing. He did....he's buried. They had tons of advice on the Carribean.
  I am not posting this to stir "that" debate...but simply to once again state it truly is the people you meet  'out there'  that make it so interesting. Everyone shares advice, stories and favorite places. Every year it is the new people such as this couple and the young couple that sailed in from France, as well as the arrival of old familiar friends you are so glad to see that make cruising fun.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Frank

Frank

calm waters.....until tomorrow

AdriftAtSea

Frank?

Beautiful photos...you're an evil and heartless man... it's just barely above freezing up here in New England.
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

Frank

Windy yesterday but today.....pics tell all  ;D

CaptMac

My view  >:(

Seafarer 26

Frank

Pic of entering White sound this morning (laundry day) and later enroute to Manjack there was a full "rage" on at the reef

Frank

One more 'teaser' fom yesterday. ...CaptMac....dust that snow off, trailer south and get over here  ;D

Frank

Pic is a Ray in shallo water near the dock yesterday. They are so graceful....beautiful to watch

Jim_ME

Hi Frank, Enjoying your entries and photos.

It really is inspiring to see you (and others) actually out there and doing it, and be able to follow along, especially from here in the frozen North.   

CaptMac, it was quite a visual contrast to come upon your snow-covered boat amid these colorful Bahamas photos! (Unfortunately my world also looks a lot like this.)

Frank, your inviting him to "dust that snow off, trailer South and get over here" is so compelling--especially from someone who is living it.

Looking forward to more entries and photos, and also viewing snow scenes from a similar distance [sometime in the future]. Grog to you.

CapnK

Frank -

Is the sailFar Island Clubhouse you've been building down there finished yet? If not, how's progress, and - when are we to start showing up?

Don't forget to stock the bar and fridge and the bar.

;D

PS - Nice picture of the 'scallops on the hoof'... ;)
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Frank

Kitchen and furniture next week   ;D  getting there

s/v Faith

Wow,

You build houses about like you restore boats!  That is nothing short of amazing, especially considering WHERE you are doing it!

I enjoyed the pictures of the ray.  Wonder if it is the same one?
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Tim

"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Frank

Craig...I bet it is the same. Brendal takes people up there to feed them. Here's a pic from the water

CapnK

Beauty, eh.

Dibs on the loft!  ;D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Frank

Well  sure eh....like ya can hav da loft eh. 

Frank

Quote from: s/v Faith on February 04, 2010, 10:15:20 PM
Wow,

You build houses about like you restore boats!  That is nothing short of amazing, especially considering WHERE you are doing it!

Craig....it is a lesson in patience, frustrating as all....but will be worth it in the end. Getting stuff to Green Turtle is hard, then up to Manjack harder.

AdriftAtSea

We should all go down and hang out at Frank's place... :)
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

Frank

Your all welcome. Good anchorage out back in anything but a SW.

Better bring a good, no GREAT anchor. Been blowing hard lately with front after front. Calling for 40 knts tonight. Good news is you don't have to shovel it  ;D