News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Frank's 1962 Ariel

Started by Frank, December 26, 2005, 10:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

I've had TOO many boats...a confessed addict.I have always been drawn to Alberg designs.Man,could he draw a pretty boat!! After some larger boats and the stress that goes with them...I wanted a super simple Bahamas cruiser.Had to be sea kindly , easy to single hand ,have a inside shower,good icebox.. simple and dependable....oh ya..and I wanted to love to look at it.After seeing a pic of an ariel , I went searching. 'Revival' found me and we have been involved in a near complete re-fit ever since.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

s/v Faith

Frank,

Love to see the pictures of your boat posted here.  Clicking on the links below your post give me

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
It seems that you are not allowed to download or view attachments on this board

You can load the pictures to the 'Sailfar Gallery' or just link to the photos where they are already posted elsewhere on the internet.  Let me know if you would like some help with this.
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

CapnK

Edit: Allowed display of attachements in the post. Does it work now?

{edit by s/v Faith}
Quote from: s/v Faith on December 27, 2005, 12:19:14 AM
QuoteEdit: Allowed display of attachements in the post. Does it work now?
nope

Frank - feel free to carve out a space for photos of your beautiful little boat in our Gallery, like Chris suggested. :)
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Frank

Kurt...if you can swing it all over to gallery...go ahead.I have been 'fighting' with my computer all night and at this late hour...it's winning. Thanks

CapnK

http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

s/v Faith

Quote from: CapnK on December 27, 2005, 09:53:36 AM
Does it work *now*???

Good work there Capn !.... Now, I got this weems and Plath oil lamp.........  ;)

Kailyst

Quote from: s/v Faith on December 27, 2005, 10:35:55 AM
Good work there Capn !.... Now, I got this weems and Plath oil lamp.........  ;)

HEY!!! That's MY Christmas present!!!!
We're all here because we're not all there.

Skipper Dave

Frank,

Very nice boat. I like the layout, clean, organized just right.  My boat is quite a bit bussier as my wife loves nick naks.  In fact if you have an Oct. 05 Lats & Atts you can see for yourself.  Featured boat.  I'd like to see some exterior pics if you can.

----------------------------------------------

This morning it looked so nice out I thought I'd leave it out.

S/V "Tina Marie" Cal 2-27

Frank

Thanks..Check out' Capn K's Katie Marie'  .He posted a great ext. pic...we have the same boat only mine has a light blue hull. I'm going to do a 'gallery' soon.

Frank

Skipper Dave...I put a few pics in 'gallery' under Frank There is one outside shot there.Alberg drew beautiful hulls !! They look GREAT out of the water too....to my eyes...nice lines!!

Dougcan

Hi Frank,

I cannot help but wonder, in the picture of your Ariel's saloon, above the louvered doors, there is what appears to be four dials.  I can imagine that three of them are a barometer, a thermometer and a clock.  But not sure what the fourth one is.

My WAG is that you may have two clocks, one for GMT, (AKA UMT) and the other for local time.

Can you fill us in?

Thanks!

Frank

Jack Tar

Hey Skipper Dave do you call them Nick Naks cause thats the nosie they make as they fly around the cabin LOL.  The pic's are great Frank. I always love looking into other boat interiors. Never know when you might see a great idea you can use.
It's not about the sails the boat or the rigging it's about  freedom

Frank

Yep....I stole all my ideas else where !!!

Solace

Hey Frank,
Nice boat. Where do you sail out of? I am in Hamilton - but in terms of sailing - Ontario is a big place.

Cheers!

John

starcrest

a note to all ariel owners..... if you get the up and coming winter edition of the ariel owners news letter.....let me warn you I wrote it...it  is a true account of my five year life aboard an ariel...it is not for small children to read.it involves love sex,death  depression and ultimate triumph. the second half is on line on the ariel owners website....its the first half that is not on line.. they have informed me that it is complete and unabridged from what I originally wrote..if in fact it is... I am sure the ariel owners association authorities were possibly up in arms about putting  it to print..
"I will be hoping to return to the boating scene very soon.sea trial not necessary"
Rest in Peace Eric; link to Starcrest Memorial thread.

Zen

That is GREAT!!  ???

::)

But what about us who do not get that  :-\

we want to know also, what are we chopped liver  stinkpot owners?   :D

Oh, boy , it getting late I need some sleep  :-X

https://zensekai2japan.wordpress.com/
Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club

Adam

About a year ago, while I was anchored in St. Pete on my way to the Bahamas, I met a friend from another board, and helped her move her 27' Ericson up to St. Pete from Sarasota. Well, it turns out that soon after I helped her move it, she got transferred to Baltimore, and found a steal on a much larger boat! So what does this wonderful friend decide to do with her 27' Ericson? That's right, give it to me!

Admittedly, it's a bit of a project, mostly cosmetics from being unused for long periods of time while she was off making a living. A lot of rewiring and painting, as the owner before her seems to have been a moron... but you can't beat the price! FREE! All she NEEDS to be seaworthy is a new jib and a long-shaft outboard.

So, end of April, I go up to Ruskin, FL to do a bottom job on her, then I bring her back home to the lower Keys. Here at my dock I intend to completely restore her, inside and out, replacing wiring, tanks, installing a head, fixing the cold-plate reefer (or taking it out), and possibly repowering with an atomic 4 or small diesel. The bottom job is necessary because I have nowhere ashore to keep her, but I have a well equipped shop 12' from where the boat will be at my house:

Is there anybody in S. FL that would loan me/rent to me a longshaft O/B motor to bring her down from the Tampa Bay area? Right now all of my funds are reserved to just get her home, and I don't want to buy an outboard if I decide to put an engine IN her... any help would be appreciated!

Website and stories to be coming soon!

Adam

s/v Faith

Congrats!

Man what a deal!  that is great Adam!

I have a spare motor , (see sellfar add) but the shipping to FL and back would probably be a couple hundred bucks.   :P  Hope you find something local.

Good luck!

Adam

Thanks :) If found that I could borrow about 30 outboards if shipping weren't an issue :) sometimes living in the islands can be a pain in the ass, so few people around with similar interests... one way or the other, I'll get her home :)

Adam