Sailing aboard s/v "Emerald Tide"

Started by s/v Faith, December 07, 2010, 06:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim

Well if that is the case, I am wondering where my hair went ;)
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

CharlieJ

Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Jim_ME

Quote from: Tim on April 07, 2014, 05:31:09 PM
I'm thinkin' we are going to have to start calling Craig "The Dude"  ;) ;D
"His Dudeness...Duder...or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing."  :D

Quote from: s/v Faith on April 03, 2014, 03:05:20 PM
It has been an absolutely wonderful four months, it was 4 months to the day when I cleared into the Bahamas. Had an absolutely wonderful time...
Good to hear that you had a wonderful time and a great passage back. Four months would be just about right to miss the winter here, as you wrote. :)

Quote from: Frank on April 04, 2014, 05:19:42 PM
...got some AWESOME "under sail pics" for ya (will post later).
Great photos Frank! :)

Quote from: Frank on April 04, 2014, 05:19:42 PM
Super evening....gotta do more of those...and have MORE from this forum join us !!!  CJ...ya gotta come over next year!!! ...Ya all gotta get mobile!!!!
You make it very tempting, Frank, Craig--and Charlie's thread from his cruise there! :)

s/v Faith

Thanks for the encouragement guys....

I wonder if someone could take a screenshot for me of my spot page right now and post it to the thread so I can use it later?

Link Sauce for Sailing Faith Spot Messenger page (only shows the last 7 days).

My "S" curve that I normally use for a passage was goofed up by a much more southerly stop... I want to look at it later.

Thanks!

"the Dude"....  (Aka, hippy)...  :)
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Godot

Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

Jim_ME

Quote from: Frank on April 07, 2014, 11:00:43 AM
We crossed yesterday...near perfect fast close reach. The wind is way up today, so we timed it well.

Frank, A late congrats to you on the crossing, to. :)
Would like to see a photo of your boat , too, if you have one. Is it the one (was it a Compac 23?) with the custom pilothouse you added?

Frank

I did 2 crossings on that lil 23  :o
This one was a delivery of someone elses boat.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

s/v Faith

Heading out the inlet, just passed Brunswick Georgia.

Lets see... Came in cape Canaveral, anchored near the old shuttle assembly building.

Couple days in Titusville.  Crew change, provisioning and back underway up the ditch.

8 April, anchored near sheepshead cut.

9 April, had a brief stay in the mud just north of the LB Knox bridge, kedged off (ICW can be tough with almost 6' draft).  Delay had me looking for an anchorage, but ended up grabbing the dock at  the Marina at Hammock Beach Resorts.  Tis a was the first time Emerald Tide has spent th? night at the dock since I left Kurt's marina at Georgetown right after thanksgiving. Enjo?ed the hot tub, pool and showers...  Marina manager Neal kindly said just to pay him next time I came though ?nd could stay for more time.

10 april Picked up city mooring just north of the bridge of lions at st. Augustine.  I love that town.

11 April, up the ditch to St. John's river, spent the night on the hook at sisters creek.

12 April, found the bottom again just south of Fernadina Beach, had planned to head out the inlet at st. Mary's, but the delay changed our plans.  Spent a very nice evening anchored ?ffthe plumb orchar just north of kings bay Georgia.

Today, 13 April we are heading out St. Simons inlet, heading for savannah or maybe charłeston.

Captain Smollett

Quote from: s/v Faith on April 13, 2014, 04:24:26 PM

Today, 13 April we are heading out St. Simons inlet, heading for savannah or maybe charłeston.

Give my regards to Charleston City Marina...I know how much you love that place.   ;D ;D

(In other words, wave cheerfully as you sail right on by....).

Sail safe; more pictures would not be amiss.   ;)
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

s/v Faith

Anchored in "Cow Creek" about 25miles up the Waccamaw river from Georgetown.  The rain is falling, and I am anchored near a 3 masted steel schooner that was anchored in this same spot when I last came by here last November.

Had hoped to stop by Georgetown to visit CapnK, but had a good se wind and wanted to sail as far up the river as I could get before the rain started in Ernest.  Saw about 30k way up here in the middle of the cypress forest!

A few pictures;

Just north go Kings Bay, anchored near "Plum Orchard".

s/v Faith

Another of Franks excellent "underway" pictures;

s/v Faith

A little offshore yoga..

This would be "Tree pose".

CapnK

"Cow House Creek" right across from Wachesaw Marina, behind Richmond Island. You didn't see my PM to send me your phone number so I could call you? poop. Argh... Funny thing is, I saw that schooner yer anchored by, headed upriver today...

That gust front was crazy, came through while my dinner was being cooked. When I got back to Katie tonight, the forehatch had been lifted off of her. A few pounds of flat, not very aerodynamic solid fiberglass, held onboard only by the spring supporter. Glad that didn't break.

Crewdog Barque has been performing his duties excellently and with aplomb. He wishes he'd have been able to visit with you on the trek north. Perhaps on your road trip back to Pcola, then...

PS - Who's that hippy doing yoga on the doc's boat? ;D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

CharlieJ

VERY familiar with that "gust front" Came through here on the Texas coast yesterday noon. Winds went from nine, to gusting 50 in about 10 Minutes. Temps went from 75 to 50 in 3 hours.

Sure glad I had that 5/8 braided line on the windward cleat!!! It was TIGHT!!

All done today- sunny, and winds WAY down

It was a doozy for sure
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Jim_ME

Jim_ME

Took a look at your Spot course, and grabbed it for you. Fair winds, Craig.  :)