Sailfar Cruising Stations

Started by Auspicious, February 23, 2011, 11:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieJ

:D
I'd happily add Charlie and Laura to the list, but I don't know what to put for an area
  ;D

How about - somewhere on the east coast!!
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

atomvoyager

Nice idea to list cruising stations. Just added our place in Brunswick, GA to the map list and look forward to seeing more sailfar folk passing through.

James B

Auspicious

S/V Auspicious
HR 40 - a little big for SailFar but my heart is on small boats
Chesapeake Bay

Beware cut and paste sailors.

w00dy

Hear Hear. Anyone coming to Austin, Tx, must give me a ring.

w00dy

If you're serious about hosting travelers, meeting generous hosts when cruising, and getting local knowledge (local knowledge is king!), you couldn't do better than to sign up on Couchsurfing.org

http://www.couchsurfing.org

It's a non profit website dedicated to connecting travelers with hosts worldwide. It utilizes detailed profiles to help make strong connections and a reference system to facilitate trust. I have been a member for 5 years and Couch Surfing has enriched my life tremendously.

I will never sit, bored and lonely, in a hotel room again. It's not just about a free place to stay, but CouchSurfing makes it easy to connect with local people and get involved in what's really going on, not the "tourist" trap. There are millions of CS'ers who will gladly meet you for drinks, show you around town, welcome you home, and treat you like family.

And it's 100% FREE....

phil416

I will be in Solomons by Aug. 20, lust come to Harbor Island Marina and look up Phil on Deep Blue, and you have a lift to where you need to go. I will be on site until mid November.  I look forward to meeting some of you folks.   Phil
Rest in Peace, Phil;

link to Phil's Adventure thread.

hearsejr

I'm in Farmville NC. that's no too far from Little Washington, and don't mind driving to most NC places....I'll Also be happy to take road trips out of state if anyone needs me.

Skagerrak

you should add me in Dr?bak Norway to the station list. I'm right on the oslo fjord but can help anyone from stromstad sweden to oslo with transportation and tour services ;)

Steve Bean

Put me down in Monterey, California.
Steve

bravura25

Put us down for Pensacola, Florida. We have our own dock behind our home on Bayou Chico, N 30 24.329  W 087 15.767. We may have space at our dock for a few days - no charge. Otherwise, short term anchorage is permitted in the Bayou Chico turning basin, just east of our place. We will meet you and take you shopping, Publix, West Marine, etc.

In  our nine years of cruising, we were treated wonderfully by many folks from SoCal, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Bahamas, all over the Caribbean, Chesapeake. Age and health issues have have stopped our roaming and we want to do some paybacks.

Send a PM, e mail and I will send our phone numbers.

Tom KA6WPG and Bobbie KA6WPF

David_Old_Jersey

I was just thinking the other day that something like this would be useful - seems that greater minds than me are already there!

Sign me up (just don't all turn up at once!).

Quite willing to:-

- point you somewhere cheap (or even free!) to moor - depends on your boat.
- give you the lay of the land and the odd ferry around by vehicle.
- a lend of some tools is not out of the question / some use of a workshop / a helping hand.
- weather / time permitting may also be willing to help navigate around the islands / nearby France - either on my / your boat or in company.
- given that in practice few will make it accross to this side of the world, would also be willing to at least consider using my home address to Register an EU bought boat (at least for a year or 2) - see seperate thread.

- an outside chance that could help out in Northern France, sometimes we keep a car over there - sometimes just visit (boat / car / campervan / Motorbike!).

The main caveat being that I am not always around here - so a heads up in advance would be prudent!

Location is Jersey, Channel Islands (just north of France (15 miles) - far south of England (a couple of hundred miles).

s/v Faith

Quote from: bravura25 on April 15, 2012, 10:54:40 AM
Put us down for Pensacola, Florida. We have our own dock behind our home on Bayou Chico, N 30 24.329  W 087 15.767. We may have space at our dock for a few days - no charge. Otherwise, short term anchorage is permitted in the Bayou Chico turning basin, just east of our place. We will meet you and take you shopping, Publix, West Marine, etc.

In  our nine years of cruising, we were treated wonderfully by many folks from SoCal, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Bahamas, all over the Caribbean, Chesapeake. Age and health issues have have stopped our roaming and we want to do some paybacks.

Send a PM, e mail and I will send our phone numbers.

Tom KA6WPG and Bobbie KA6WPF

Welcome aboard!  Glad you found us.  What an awesome first post.  ;D

Look forward to hearing more about your travels.
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Chappy

I live in Portsmouth, NH and keep my boat in Salem Mass. I am willing to help when I can from Maine to Mass. I work in Canada so if you need anything on lake Ontario/St. Lawrence I may be able to help (if I am there) or put you in touch with those who can.

ntica

Need one Sailfar station in Sweden ;)  then I can come visit myself ;D

Cruiser2B

Any stations in Gulfport, MS area? I may be headed there for a few weeks soon.
1976 Westsail 32 #514 Morning Sun
Preparing to get underway!!
USCG 100T Master Near Coastal with Inland Aux Sail

Lost Farmboy

Can provide chauffeuring services, tools, and information on local services between Port Townsend - Port Orchard, WA areas as work allows - being a Bubblehead takes up much of my time.

Message for phone #, or check map for obfuscated version - if no response within a day, work probably has me elsewhere for some period of time.

Auspicious

It's been quite a while since I started this thread, and this idea. I can't speak for the other SF cruising stations but I thought a report would be in order.

Since we started this concept I've had four or five SF people come through Annapolis and look me up. I've hauled a couple to laundromats, some to a grocery, handed out a lot of bus maps, and pointed everyone to Davis Pub in Eastport. *grin*

I am also one of two SSCA Cruising Stations in Annapolis. The number of folks coming through for SSCA is not too much bigger than the SailFar boats.

If you sailing plans bring you to Annapolis we will be glad you are here, and you have a cruising station to welcome you.
S/V Auspicious
HR 40 - a little big for SailFar but my heart is on small boats
Chesapeake Bay

Beware cut and paste sailors.

CharlieJ

Been too long since you've been here.

I really enjoyed our visit with you.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

matt195583

An interesting concept add me  @ brisbane Australia hopefully in another 18 months
We can update that to somewhere in the pacific

David_Old_Jersey

Quote from: Auspicious on March 28, 2013, 09:33:30 AM
It's been quite a while since I started this thread, and this idea. I can't speak for the other SF cruising stations but I thought a report would be in order.

I was wondering how the concept was going, cheers for the update - no visitors over here...........yet!