Started the Sail season

Started by jotruk, March 28, 2011, 10:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jotruk

Well we started our sail season on beautiful Lake Whitney. It was a fun day and there were seven boats out for our kick off race. The weather was cloudy and a bit misty with the temps in the upper 50's over all it was a fun day and I managed to be the first boat in last place. Over all it was fun and that is what counts
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

s/v Faith

Congratulations!

It is always so good to get out on the water for that first sail of the year.

I had a great visit with my dad last week, and we went out for a longer sail then usual....

We went out onto the gulf and sailed along the coast for a day... man it was wonderful!

Maybe we should have taken a couple pictures...  ;D (just saying it before someone else can).
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Captain Smollett

Quote from: jotruk on March 28, 2011, 10:46:23 AM
Well we started our sail season on beautiful Lake Whitney. It was a fun day and there were seven boats out for our kick off race. The weather was cloudy and a bit misty with the temps in the upper 50's over all it was a fun day and I managed to be the first boat in last place. Over all it was fun and that is what counts

Very cool...sounds like a blast.

"first boat in last place."  LOL.   ;D
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain