sv Emma - Bubba Update

Started by Bubba the Pirate, January 09, 2017, 10:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba the Pirate

On Thursday, I found Emma's propulsion!
50 hp Perkins, old school simple & rugged.
Another cult I've joined.

This one was a mechanic's hobby project; completely torn down, individual parts sandblasted and repainted, rebuilt with new seals, gaskets etc.

On youtube purring away:
https://youtu.be/VaAvS-aNW24
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cruiser2B

1976 Westsail 32 #514 Morning Sun
Preparing to get underway!!
USCG 100T Master Near Coastal with Inland Aux Sail

w00dy

Good score. It's always great to find equipment that someone had obviously loved and taken care of.

. Are you in need of a mainsail for Emma? we're getting a brand new one but our old main still has some life left. It's a heavy cruising main, battenless and roachless, with three reef points, made by Kern Ferguson. We decided to get a new one because the cloth was getting pretty worn in places and we didn't think it was worth it to keep repairing, but you could still eek some more life out of you wanted to.

Bubba the Pirate

Thank you. My sails are in fairly good shape. I used the yankee, stayssil and main on the trip to Fort Pierce from Miami. There are two bigger headsails that i havent had time or a calm day to run them up and look. I say headsails, though the PO told me two Genoas, one looks like way too small a package to be that big. :-)

I appreciate the offer. I'll take the raincheck to pick your W32 brain at some point if I need it. Thanks.
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CharlieJ

:) Geno0as ARE head sails  :)
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Bubba the Pirate

Sorry, I was trying to draw a distinction between jibs and genoas. I am thankfully aware of headsail nomenclature. One of the two sails that I haven''t yet raised, seems too small to be larger than the foretriangle, hence it wouldn't be considered a genoa.

Luckiky, Emma is a double ender so I don't have to worry about bow and stern, both are "pointy ends."  :-)
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CharlieJ

Figured you did- that's why the smilies  ;D
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Bubba the Pirate

I was caught between figuring out the smiles and defending my honor. darn ego wins again.

We'll carry on. Sorry.
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~