News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Triton RTW

Started by Pappy Jack, August 03, 2011, 03:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Anderson

This voyage looks delayed at best, dead in the water more likely. Skippers name is Thomas and I know him reasonably well. He just got married a few weeks ago. He eventually painted his boat pink, really, really pink. (I have a bright pink kayak so I shall remain opinion less on this decision.)

Cruiser2B

thepinkboat.org is no longer, been down for a week or longer. this saddens and upsets me. Sadden because it was a good cause that looked to be picking up steam, Mad because alot of people donated money and bought hats/shirts whatever in support of this journey. If the money made it to the proper channels fine if not and the guy used the money to solo sail all over the pacific and then just give in, well that just plain sucks. Either way I think everyone deserves to atleast here the current state of affairs. Seems fishy its all of a sudden just gone!
1976 Westsail 32 #514 Morning Sun
Preparing to get underway!!
USCG 100T Master Near Coastal with Inland Aux Sail

Godot

I doubt it is fishy at all. I suspect this is just another case of biting off more than he could chew. Happens all the time. Heck, happened to many of us while working toward the Scoot. This is kind of why I don't donate to these kinds of things until they get well established. <shrug> There is always a risk.

I just hate to see a dream die.
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

David_Old_Jersey

I dunno if he has abandoned the idea or simply delayed (although I think still inside his 2 year timescale for departure) - could even be onloy some more website problems (see page 1 and his subsequent comments)...................but "life" has a habit of intervening in even the best of intentions.

Captain Smollett

S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain