Is there a button / option I need to click?

Started by David_Old_Jersey, February 09, 2012, 02:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David_Old_Jersey

So that when I am writing a long post (or have included a quote) that the "message" box does not keep bouncing back to the top as I type (so after a dozen lines I can't see what I have been typing!).

For example.....

I wrote this bit blind!

Captain Smollett

Are you by any chance posting from a smart phone?

S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

s/v necessity

Does it to me also here at my work computer it's frusterating (internet explorer).  I've started using word to compose and then I cut and paste.  Sometimes formatting and puntuation gets garbled when pasting though.  Atleast that's my story...

David_Old_Jersey

No smart phone - just a notebook (using Internet Explorer). Funnily enough had the same issue on another forum I recently joined - but finally twigged I had to click something called a "toggle" button......each time I post, but better than the alternative......here I have clicked on everything I can see with no effect  ???

I have this vague recollection of having the same problem when I first joined Sailfar.net a few years back - but it was easily sorted........I had a few years off (lost me password etc  ::)). But I might be getting confused!

Can do the Word thing, just got to learn to be careful with punctuation - cutting and pasting seems to like to replace things with a ? mark!

Not the EOTW - just annoying  :'(

JWalker

After having the forum eat a few of my posts....I usually type longer posts in notepad or something and then cut/paste.

FWIW

Godot

I seem to recall having a similar problem when I expanded the quick reply box during a long post (I'm not sure if it is a site feature or a browser feature). I would keep getting bumped back to the top. So I started just using the default box. It doesn't show as much; but it works ok.  For long post I, like others, have begun using an external editor and cutting and pasting. That way if I get interrupted before I complete I can come back to it later.
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay