Back from 2 weeks cruising

Started by Bill W, September 05, 2012, 11:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill W

We spent the last 2 weeks of August in the North Channel of Lake Huron. 13 nights swinging on the anchor, the last night at a marina slip before hauling out.

Was the longest period we have been on this 17' er. It was a great time.

If you don't mind, I have already posted some pictures elsewhere, so will just add the link to that post on TSBB.

http://bbs.trailersailor.com/forums/montgomery/index.cgi/read/5121

Bill
Makin' Time
Montgomery 17
Ontario

SalientAngle

Beautiful photos, like your refrigeration  ;)

Captain Smollett

Bill, that link will die as soon as tsbb gets archived (typically a month or two). And it is even worse than that because even if you find the new link to the archived post, the pics will be stripped.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

jotruk

great pics, I'm ready to go now wow
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

Bill W

Quote from: Captain Smollett on September 05, 2012, 11:54:30 AM
Bill, that link will die as soon as tsbb gets archived (typically a month or two). And it is even worse than that because even if you find the new link to the archived post, the pics will be stripped.

Suggestions for best place to post pics here? in a thread like this, or in the gallery section? My pics are always linked to a Picasa album, so they only go if/when I change the album. Not often.
Makin' Time
Montgomery 17
Ontario

Frank

Glad you's enjoyed it!!  Beautiful there. I like your "beer cooler" idea!!!   Simple is good   ;D
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Captain Smollett

Quote from: Bill W on September 05, 2012, 01:22:31 PM

Suggestions for best place to post pics here? in a thread like this, or in the gallery section? My pics are always linked to a Picasa album, so they only go if/when I change the album. Not often.

If they are in a picassa album then post the links in the thread using the img tag if you want them 'permanent' here.

I only mentioned it because we lose content here if it is merely linked to content at tsbb.  If the pictures are posted as part of the post over there, the pics go away permanently, even if the thread here is edited to include the archive link after archiving there.

If the pics are on a separate image host (here, picassa, photobucket, whatever), they won't be gone after archiving over there of course, but that does leave the issue of changing links.

The choice of how to handle it is, of course, yours.

Cool trip, by the way...not trying to steal the thunder from that!  My initial post was terse because it was via phone and I don't like posting from my phone.

Grog and thanks for posting it here. 
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Bill W

Quote from: Captain Smollett on September 05, 2012, 03:44:47 PM
Cool trip, by the way...not trying to steal the thunder from that!  My initial post was terse because it was via phone and I don't like posting from my phone.

Grog and thanks for posting it here. 

Thanks for the advice, and I didn't hear you as terse. Grog to ya!
Makin' Time
Montgomery 17
Ontario

Travelnik

Thanks for the report.

It looks like you had a great time!  ;D
I'm Dean, and my boat is a 1969 Westerly Nomad. We're in East Texas (Tyler) for now.