News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Sailing Saoirse

Started by jmpeltier, September 27, 2012, 08:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmpeltier

Welp, after three months of living on the hard, I'm ready to go with my Pacific Seacraft Orion 27.  Captain Sam's up in the Pamlico is a great self-service yard, but living way up here isn't ideal!  I took my mast down, inspected everything, polished & waxed, rewired, replaced lights, and put up new standing rigging.  I converted from a wheel to a tiller.  I installed Cape Horn self-steering and a backstay-mounted radar.  I ditched the battery charger and went with solar panels...and the list goes on.
My next plans are to undertake a marine conservation photography project, sailing from NC to Patagonia and back up to California, over the period of a few years.  I've always been a man of my word and I hope these plans don't make a liar out of me (I'm also good at knowing my limits!).
A comprehensive list of all my projects can be found on my website: http://jmpeltier.com/2012/09/27/just-go/
I'll make sure I stop in here every now and then when I can, but most updates will be on my website...free WiFi is few and far between and satellite costs are expensive!
S/V Saoirse
www.jmpeltier.com

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..."