News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

My Flickr page

Started by Stout, October 01, 2013, 05:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stout

I don't post much, not much of a talker, but I really enjoy this forum. From boat topics to the philosophical ones. I figure I'll contribute when I can. I put together a Flickr page to show a friend the work I've done/doing on my boat and I thought I would share it with you guys. Cheers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41021955@N05/sets/72157635065438942/

Godot

Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

rorik

Nice boat. You've got some great ideas for efficient space usage. Thanks for those. I'm gonna steal a couple if you don't mind....  ;D
Alice has escaped....... on the Bandersnatch....... with.. the Vorpal sword....

Tim

Sweet boat, thanks for sharing
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Frank

Stout...."not much of a talker"....I dissagree!!!!!  If a picture tells a thousand words you are SHOUTING at us !!!!! Simply beautiful boat!! I've been on one and can attest to the room below and pretty lines above!!  You have a dream boat there....and are lavishing it with love!!  grog to ya!!!   Keep the pictures coming.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

lance on cloud nine

she's a nice ship! any big trips in mind?
"a boat must be a little less than a house, if you want it to be much more."

Stout

Thanks for the kudos, guys. I got my first grog, yeah. Feel free to steal my ideas, I do it all the time. As far as big trips, I'm trying to not think too far ahead so not to put too much emphasis on anything but focusing on getting her squared away for living on and sailing, then to the Chesapeake for a while and get some more experience sailing and anchoring. Then who knows. If I start daydreaming, places like Bermuda, Europe and the Falklands start sounding pretty cool, but I keep telling myself doesn't matter where I go , just as long as I am having fun.

Headcase

Man, I will never have the skills to make things look that nice. Not gonna happen. But if I can get my Girl to be that well set up and solid I will be happy anyway. Gorgeous boat. Beautiful work on her.

I agree with not sweating where you sail to. Being on board, and sailing where you are is plenty good enough for today.
If I knew what I was doing, where would the fun be?

Stout

Hey. I'm still alive and kicking. My internet is pretty bad and I refuse to pay for a limited giga something hotspot. So I don't get to the forum very often. I do still update my Flickr page every so often  when I go to a coffee shop and have been getting a few projects done. And now my girlfriend convinced me that we should start a blog. Which we did in January. She is the driving force behind it(she also has internet). I was fine letting people serendipitously find it, but she would like more people to see it, and I have come here to share it with you guys if you're interested. Hope you are all good.
https://smallboatbigworld.wordpress.com/

ralay

Awesome boat and great job on your projects.  Not sure where y'all are located but if we ever cross paths, you are cordially invited to a fake meat and bike ride picnic.  Hail seitan.

ralay

I'd also be interested to hear about your rented workspace.  We have the DIY ethic, but it's sure hard to turn out really great work when you're improvising on the dock.  Did you rent an empty space and fill it with your tools or are you part of a makerspace or something similar?

Godot

I -Like- it! I added your blog to my rss feed. Sweet boat!
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

Stout

Godot- We're glad you like it!
ralay- We're in Philadelphia. I hope our paths cross and we have a seitan party. We rent a space. Philly has tons of old warehouses turned into artist studios and we were able to find one that wasn't too bad(150 + shared utilities) about a 30 minute ride away. Not in the best neighborhood and not the worst. Its an old school next to an old factory that also has been converted to studios. We brought our own tools, all kinda of portable. We did look at a communal space that had its own tools, but we're a little introverted and like having our own space. I can't recommend it enough. Apart from being able to work on stuff year round, it's good for us to get off the boat and have a mess that we don't have to necessarily clean up right away . And we can work after the sun sets. Did you have the Peanut Butter Diet blog?

ralay

I like the idea of a private space, but I also like the idea of not having to cart around all our tools as we move.  We looked at slips in Norfolk/Portsmouth this winter partly because they have a large makerspace with family membership rates.  As is, we have lots of things we'd like to work on, but whatever they are, they have to be completed with a grinder, sander, drill, or jig saw plus rusting hand tools.  And we're having a hard time figuring out where to store even those tools where they'll be low in the boat, protected from water, not going to fly around and knock us out, etc.  Alas, there is only one CJ whose woodshop use also comes with coconut rum and pineapple juice, and he's back in Texas!  :'(

Yes, I used to write the PB diet blog.  After 6 years, I have blog fatigue.  Hopefully, y'all have got some steam left, because I think I'll enjoy stopping by to check out your projects.

We'll be heading up the Chesapeake and DE Bays with a stop somewhere on the DE river to visit my family in Wilmington, DE.  Let us know if you're out and about.

CharlieJ

You mean THIS shop?
;D  ;D
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Frank

Great blog....Great work....Great boat!!!!!
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

ralay

That's the one, CJ!  Glad I made the circuit breaker panel then, cause it wouldn't be any fun trying to get all those little holes straight with a hand-held drill.

CharlieJ

Me too.

Plan is to drop lines on sat, 25th, Florida bound. Open ended til sometime July. Ya'll have a ball heading up bay.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera