Main Menu

Boats for Sale

Started by skylark, March 26, 2014, 11:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skylark

Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

jotruk

I've always liked the looks of the Choy Lee. I have a friend that refers to them as a choy leaky but he is also the one that says that you have to have at least a 37 foot boat to go off shore or to the islands.
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

Crazer

Another Ariel on ebay. This one keeps showing up and not selling, she doesn't look too bad. I asked him about why he thought she needed to be hauled, we'll see what he says.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251513265227?forcerRptr=true&item=251513265227&viewitem=
-Avery

Cape Dory 28 SV "Fayaway"
        Annapolis, MD

s/v Faith

Wow, looks like a interesting galley conversion.

I will be down that way soon,might be able to take a look at her for you if you would like.
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Crazer

Don't bother if it's too much trouble, but I would like to know more about her.
-Avery

Cape Dory 28 SV "Fayaway"
        Annapolis, MD

Captain Smollett

S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

jotruk

You can check out my SJ n24 it is for sale on sail texas with a  trailer but no motor.
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

rorik

Alice has escaped....... on the Bandersnatch....... with.. the Vorpal sword....

Grime

Joe ask the owner this question. If I purchased your boat would you say she is sea worthy enough to leave Rhode Island and make a trip to Georgia after I load my gear, food and fuel?

It might be to good to be true. His answer might give you an idea of the condition. Remember the larger the boat the more she will cost to repair or replace.

For $2700 you would think someone in the area would have jumped on her.
David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

Seafarer

Cyric30

Grime
I agree with you :), I'm not in a buying mood or up to this level of sailing yet, but did want to post if for discussions sake, although the more i look at the Vanguard the more i do like the boat, but i think this is the Dinette model, but I'm not 100% on that.

Anyway, is mute point, boat is sold :) so might have been a steal.

Quote from: Grime on August 23, 2014, 03:52:57 PM
Joe ask the owner this question. If I purchased your boat would you say she is sea worthy enough to leave Rhode Island and make a trip to Georgia after I load my gear, food and fuel?

It might be to good to be true. His answer might give you an idea of the condition. Remember the larger the boat the more she will cost to repair or replace.

For $2700 you would think someone in the area would have jumped on her.

Grime

The more boats you check out the more knowledge you'll have when it comes time to buy. Kick the tires as often as possible.

If your ASA instructor wanted you to crew in the Harvest Moon you've got enough knowledge to handle that boat. The more you sail the more you will learn.  The Harvest Moon can kick you a$$. Every year there are boats that come into Port O'Connor and finish in the ditch.
David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

Cyric30

Quote from: Grime on August 24, 2014, 03:22:42 PM
finish in the ditch.

Hum, not familiar with that saying? that mean they don't finish and/or give up?

Grime

We refer to the ICW as the ditch. Yes the Gulf got to nasty for them. Happens every year. The gulf coast ICW (Inter Coastal Waterway) starts with mile marker 0 at Harvey locks in New Orleans. Runs east and west from there all the way to Brownsville, Texas on this end. Not sure on the east side where it stops.  From NOLA going west you will find more barge traffic than anywhere else in the country.
David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

CharlieJ

Carabelle , Florida. From there you have to go offshore to at least Tarpon Springs. About 150 miles roughly.

There is inland waterway south of there, but I don't know for sure if it's considered ICW
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

CharlieJ

Quote from: CharlieJ on August 24, 2014, 07:31:00 PM
Carabelle , Florida. From there you have to go offshore to at least Tarpon Springs. About 150 miles roughly.

There is inland waterway south of there, but I don't know for sure if it's considered ICW

Just did some chart research. Tarpon Springs is mile 150 of the SW Gulf ICW. Mile 0 of that part is at Ft Myers.

After that, it's catch as catch can. Some is protected (such as through much of the Ten Thousand Islands), and much is offshore.

Great cruising south of Tarpon  ;)
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera