News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Cruising Miss Sadie

Started by Grime, July 02, 2014, 08:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grime

After 16 months of work on Miss Sadie, our 1978 Watkins 27 it time to throw the dock line and go cruising. Tomorrow, July 3, at 0700 we will be leaving Port Lavaca, Texas headed east to points unknown. I'm not much of a writer but will up date our progress when we have WIFI. 

David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

Captain Smollett

Excellent!  Congrats and fair winds.

Look forward to the updates when you can make 'em.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Godot

Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

DarrenC

All the best...can't wait to hear some stories!
s/v Carita
Moorman Annapolis 26
Kingston, ON
Canada

"When a man has the helm of his own vessel, a cooler of beer and a partner who tolerates his nonsense, why envy the immortal gods?" - Adapted from Lao T'zu

jotruk

I just wish that I was departing on the same day . Fair winds and following seas as you go
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

Grime

The VA just threw a monkey in on the cruising deal. I HAVE TO be in Corpus for a evaluation on my cancer the 7th of July. So it looks like we will be delayed a couple of day. Will update went we leave.
David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

Frank

hope all goes well and you get back on your way soon. Keep us posted.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

w00dy

You two have come a long way with that boat! Remember what she looked like when you bought her? We both bit off a bit more than we bargained for with these boats, but its such a relief to be done with the projects (for now.... ::) )and out cruising again. I'm sure you know what I mean, or will soon enough. I'm very happy for you two :)

Jim_ME

Also wishing you fair winds, with your health and for your cruise.

Chris

Fairwinds all the way around David and Lisa!

Grime

Here in a few minutes  (0645) we will be casting off to a new adventure. I'll up date when we can. I also have a blog that will get updated from time to time. http://adventuresonmisssadie.blogspot.com/ 
David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

Captain Smollett

Excellent!  Fair winds to crew of Miss Sadie.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

jotruk

glad to see it happening after so many delays have a fun and safe trip
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

CharlieJ

Sorry I missed visiting last evening- just too wiped out.

Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

CharlieJ

JUST spoke with Grime- They are underway, almost to  the junction of Lavaca and Matagorda Bays. Light south wind lets them carry the jib close hauled. Soon they'll make the turn thru the spoil banks and be in Matagorda proper. Then they'll have a 20 mile broad reach :D across the bay

Fair winds David and Lisa. I'll miss the visits at the marina.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Tim

Fair Winds David and Lisa, try and write a lot!
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

lance on cloud nine

your boat looks great. best of luck!
"a boat must be a little less than a house, if you want it to be much more."

Grime

left the marina in Port Lavaca @ 0640 and arrived at Matagorda marina at 2157. Very long slow day. Engine over heated, couldn't get over 3.7 mph with motor and jib healed @  20 degrees.  Don't know whats up with the engine.  Prop is clean. We spent the last 2 miles going 1.97mph. Didn't think we would ever get through the locks at Matagorda.

Oh well just another day with Pandora.

David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

Grime

For those interested we are back in our home slip. The adventure is over. Just to many problems to continue on from Matagorda.

Cruising will have to wait until next spring if at all. 
David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

Captain Smollett

Quote from: Grime on July 14, 2014, 08:39:47 PM

The adventure is over.

Hopefully not over, just postponed.

Best of luck on re-grouping. 

Nothing wrong with trying, and then trying again.  Japanese proverb that I learned here on sailfar a few years ago..."Fall down seven times, get up eight."  I think that's a good one.

S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina