Delivering "Ariel Spirit".... Again.

Started by s/v Faith, June 21, 2014, 09:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieJ

Craig- there's a neat marine resale shop on the water front in Apalachicola. Nice guys in there. I had several very pleasant visits.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

s/v Faith

Quote from: CharlieJ on June 26, 2014, 10:38:04 PM
Hey Craig- Isn't it great to be in a small, handy boat that sails well?

Yes, it is.  Ariel Spirit is a wonderful boat, she and I have had a connection since I first sailed her 10 years ago, came right back. :)
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Jim_ME

Quote from: s/v Faith on June 26, 2014, 10:21:26 PM
But apparently either no one saw it, or everyone around here does it like that or something...
That's funny.  ;D

Grog, Craig, and congrats on your passage to Apalachicola. You are putting the true spirit back in Ariel Spirit...

Captain Smollett

Nicely done docking under sail.  Big grog for that one.

Sounds like an awesome place.  It's been on my radar to visit for a while now...if I get to head to those waters again.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Chris

Thanks for the posts Craig and nice bit of sailing getting Ariel into that slip! I think the audience was too proud want to appear .  ;)

s/v Faith

Anchored just West of Panama City, plan to make Ft. Walton  beach today. 

Wind has shifted, and while I am thankful the motor is running so well I think I will be able to sail most of the way.  :)  very narrow ditch the next few miles, then the bay opens up...   Should be a nice sail!

CharlieJ

Ft Walton has a free  city dock, and a courtesy pump out station. Also a neat indian mound and museum, 2 blocks form the dock.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

s/v Faith

I had never stopped at Ft. Walton Beach, what a great stop!

Half a dozen slips, all there for overnight dockage for the cost of a phone call!  Got some ice, some dinner, and came back to the boat to find a ballet going on in the park!  Very cool!

Next morning came up early, motored and sailed  the last ~40 or so miles back. 

Ariel spirit is docked two slips down from Faith.

358nm, 144nm of it offshore...  It was a hot trip, but great to sail such a wonderful boat again!

Got off the boat, back to the house at around 16:00...  Got on a greyhound at 01:30 the next morning, arrived back at the Harborage Marina at 16:00 yesterday....   Drove back to the house...

And packed the van for a drive out to California!  Posting from a stop on the way...  Via Arkansas!

Cyric30

Darn it Man if i had know you where coming through would have treated you to lunch somewhere if you where in north or central part of the state. :(