News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Lipton Cold Brew Tea Bags

Started by Captain Smollett, July 03, 2014, 06:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Smollett

For quite some time, I have been cold brewing unsweetened tea with regular family sized tea bags.  I like the brew that comes from about 4-8 hours of brewing.  Even 12 produced a tea that was not overly bitter.

We recently found that Lipton has Cold Brew tea bags.  These cold brew tea in 3 minutes.  That's not a typo.

I've been drinking it for about a month.  The first brew tasted a bit "different" to me, but I've gotten used to it.  I think it was just a different tea than I was used to.

The only problem I have had lately is that my daughter drinks it before I get much, even with a 2 qt brew.

Seems like a good fit for the boat...quick tea with no fuel and no heating of the boat in summer.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

CharlieJ

Quote from: Captain Smollett on July 03, 2014, 06:02:48 PM
For quite some time, I have been cold brewing unsweetened tea with regular family sized tea bags.  I like the brew that comes from about 4-8 hours of brewing.  Even 12 produced a tea that was not overly bitter.

We recently found that Lipton has Cold Brew tea bags.  These cold brew tea in 3 minutes.  That's not a typo.

I've been drinking it for about a month.  The first brew tasted a bit "different" to me, but I've gotten used to it.  I think it was just a different tea than I was used to.

The only problem I have had lately is that my daughter drinks it before I get much, even with a 2 qt brew.

Seems like a good fit for the bwoat...quick tea with no fuel and no heating of the boat in summer.

Sorry I hadn't told you before  ;) I've been using the cold brew tea for a few years now. Usually brew a half gallon, using two tea bags, and stick it in the frig, or ice box, unsweetened. Doesn't get a "taste" that way
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Captain Smollett

Quote from: CharlieJ on July 03, 2014, 09:11:54 PM

Sorry I hadn't told you before  ;) I've been using the cold brew tea for a few years now. Usually brew a half gallon, using two tea bags, and stick it in the frig, or ice box, unsweetened. Doesn't get a "taste" that way

I've been cold brewing tea for a long time but with regular bags. We just discovered the marketed cold brew tea bags....the brew in 3 minutes kind.

I guess they've been around a while and I've just missed it.   :-[

S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Grime

I've been using the Cold Brew for awhile now on the boat. I drink a lot of tea. I've not found that I could brew it in 3 minutes. Does taste different.  Still brew tea at home. 
David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27