Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Seeker

Started by Godot, July 17, 2014, 01:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: Godot on August 20, 2014, 11:28:19 AM
I've had a bad case of the Blues since returning. I really, really didn't want to come back. It's time to get serious about finding a way to do this long term.

You have the often discussed problem..."re-entry".....the bad news is it gets worst every time   :-[
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Frank

Quote from: Godot on August 20, 2014, 11:39:22 AM
Interestingly, I felt extremely healthy the entire trip. No back pains. Outside of the very first day, no migraines. Generally low stress  . Lots of bruises, too; but nothing serious.

The day I returned my back starts hurting, I get a migraine, my carpal tunnel started acting up, and my sciatica started acting up.

I lost ten pounds over the month away. And I am now much more flexible (I can touch my toes without effort...something that surprised me).

Funny how that works. You're "away" from the normal BS and end up feeling healthier. I (and others) always feel like a kid again. Walking beach's, zooming around (well...as fast as my 2hp can zoom) on the dingy, climbing up/down docks and into/out of the boat. "All good!"  I think the weight loss is pretty standard as well. I typically loose about 20lbs over the winter away....then regain it slowly after re-entry.
(better and more fun than a gym!)

Glad your lady eventually got comfortable aboard....makes life way easier. Have fun...keep the dream alive.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Jim_ME

Enjoyed reading your cruise report, Adam. Great photos! Grog to you.  :)

Wasn't familiar with the Bayfield 29 design, so was good to learn a bit about it. That cockpit enclosure looks handy!

Good to see you have a good time and that you kept going even with the diesel fuel line problem (as others have also said).

I've driven past the Mystic Seaport several times...always on a long trip and trying to get somewhere...but now see better what I've missed and will have to make it a destination in the future.

Pleasant surprise that you cruised through New York Harbor on your return trip. First photos that I have seen of the finished new tower without the cranes and staging around it, and of it as part of a restored NYC skyline.

I was surprised when you reported that it was 715 nautical miles. It seemed farther than that. Enjoyed reading your recent post looking back at the trip.

I would have had to be much more frugal (as you wrote that you might on a longer voyage)...but checking out the menu, I would be sorry to miss the Lucky Bones Backwater Grille...

Cape May Scallops wrapped with Bacon     
Pepper bacon wrapped, horseradish-beet cream
$8.95

Yum.  :D

s/v Emerald Tide

Quote from: Godot on July 17, 2014, 05:24:43 PM
Cruising. Boat repair in exotic locations your home port.  >:(
I've noticed the same thing of late, with impellers. 

CharlieJ

Pulled the carb yesterday morning. Cleaned jets. Reinstalled. Running fine. Managed 58 miles anyway. Of course i got hear at2230 grin
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera