News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

replacing standing rigging

Started by Wade, August 08, 2014, 11:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wade

I am considering replacing my standing rigging on a 1978 31 Bombay Clipper. It may or may not be original and although I havn't found any defects I am worried about it's age and not trusting it. Do any of the Guru's here have a company or rigger to recommend? Feel free to pm me if this is improper on the public forum. My boat is in TN and I am in Alaska earning it's well deserved refit.    Thanks

Sooner

I recommend Rigging Only.  Completely re rigged the standing rig on a Pearson 27 Renegade - ordered swaged terminations up top and Hi-mod on the deck end, Bronze jaw-jaw turnbuckles and split backstay.  They delivered it in less than a week  - everything correct down to the last cotter pin.  Their price was competitive and I liked talking to someone that new what he was doing.  I received my order from them for Sooner --Hunter 23 two days ago and the same story - regular boat jewelry
jim
Hunter 23 little Sooner Central Texas trailer sailor
Cape Dory 27 Sharryn Freeport Texas
Youth is not needed....just wonderlust!  Keep going...have "wide eyes"...enjoy the moments. Frank

SailorTom

2nd Rigging Only, I did a Heavenly Twins 26 catamaran. Used mechanical fittings, Hi-Mod. The Hi-Mod fitting were much easier to use than the Sta-Loc. This was in 2010 so maybe Sta-Loc is better now.
Only took a few hours to make all the cables, 4 shrouds, 4 stays.
S/V Phoenix Triton 28 #190
Tiki 30 #164 (Year 4 of a 2 year build)
Spray a Siren 17
Luger Leeward 16
Plans for a Hitia 17

w00dy

3rd rigging only! The guy working there is knowledgeable, down to earth, and willing to take the time to talk you through your project needs. They ship dependably and have earned our business several times over.

rorik

I second the Hi-Mod fittings.
Complete re-rig took one day, by myself.
As a bonus, the Hi-Mods  are reusable.
Makes carrying spare rigging easy.
Alice has escaped....... on the Bandersnatch....... with.. the Vorpal sword....

Sooner

I also highly recommend STXNRIGN in Kemah Texas.  Ran into a problem installing my new CDI furler - Had a Hi Mod on my forestay turnbuckle, won't fit through the CDI extrusion.  They put the swage on the forestay and didn't charge for it - just the fitting -- while I was standing there.  I decided to go ahead and order 2 uppers and 2 lowers - picked them up 2 hours later - great service and they make you feel like they really  appreciate your business.
jim
Hunter 23 little Sooner Central Texas trailer sailor
Cape Dory 27 Sharryn Freeport Texas
Youth is not needed....just wonderlust!  Keep going...have "wide eyes"...enjoy the moments. Frank

CharlieJ

I've used them in the past. They did a good job, on time, and on price.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera