News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Sailing Off The Edge

Started by cap-couillon, October 07, 2014, 07:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cap-couillon

Solitaire is almost ready to go... couple more weeks as long as no nasty surprises on haul out.

Website up with pics, logs, tracking, observations, useful and irreverent stuff. For those who might be interested...

Sailing Off The Edge... Voyages of the S/V Solitaire
Cap' Couillon

"It seemed like a good idea at the time"
SailingOffTheEdge.com

jotruk

very good read. looking farward to more in the not to distant future
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

CharlieJ

Good read. Loved the Couillon music ;)

I've been in Deltaville several times, both aboard Tehani and way back when I cruised on my trimaran. Seems I always enjoyed visits there. Hope to return one day- soon!
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Sooner

Cap - Proud to help you celebrate your eminent Adios.  Will be happily following your blog - please keep the pictures coming.  Little Sooner was just a few days from hitting the road for Florida.  Then I found the boat I always wanted, very well found and evidently at a price I couldn't refuse.  That forces me to put off the trip till March and take Sharryn east from the Texas coast.  Where are you headed first? Will be looking out for Solitaire.
jim
Hunter 23 little Sooner Central Texas trailer sailor
Cape Dory 27 Sharryn Freeport Texas
Youth is not needed....just wonderlust!  Keep going...have "wide eyes"...enjoy the moments. Frank

cap-couillon

Heading to Boot Key for 6-12 months to complete the refit, and relax some..  After that, plan to head back to Panama the long way around. Figure a year for that trip. Once I am back in Bocas town, time will decide what comes next.

Figure the trip south will be a good shake down. Plan several sections outside... Beaufort to Masonboro Inlet, Moorehead City to Tybee Roads, Tybee Roads to St Mary's, weather permitting. Most of the passages have a number of "bail out" points if the weather (or the boat) decide not to play nice. NO CALENDAR (Most dangerous thing on a boat).

Got new (to me) camera today, so lots of pics to follow. Hope to be able to upload track files to the site as we go. Have not got the old GPS, the old laptop, and Navigatrix playing well together yet, but haven't had a lot of time. Something to do sitting on the hook anywhere south of here.

Tks for the interest y'all...
Cap' Couillon

SailingOffTheEdge.com

Jmandre

Hey Mamou!  Good site.  I'm a couple years behind you, but headed down a similar path.  Keep us updated...

J. Andre

Bob J (ex-misfits)

Great name for your site, I love it!
Hope all goes well so you can shove off soon.

Bob
I'm not happy unless I'm complaining about something.
I'm having a very good day!

cap-couillon

Big red warning.... This Topic Has Not Been Posted In 120 Days..... Well it happens when you are cruising. SailingOffTheEdge.com is updated and we are back underway. Currently plowing down the ditch after way to long a stop in Tybee Island GA. Always seems like a good idea at the time  ;D

Alongside Eue Gallie FL for Rest and Refit.

Keep in touch
Cap' Couillon
Cap' Couillon

SailingOffTheEdge.com

jotruk

Liked the update Cap looking farward to reading more as you procede
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

cap-couillon

Updated to date this afternoon logs and tracks. Eau Gallie Yacht Basin is a great stop. Small, low key, great liveaboard community. Looking forward to a week R&R Time to refresh the rum.   8)
Cap' Couillon

SailingOffTheEdge.com

cap-couillon

Whoot!  Solitaire is moored up in Boot Key Harbor... 

Didn't get much sail time in  as weather has been blowing hard out of the east-nor-east for some time... The trip down thru Card Sound and Florida Bay was lots of fun. Shallow but consistent with a nice 10 knot breeze. Looking forward to exploring down to Key West and the Marquesas?s.  Shallow draft has its advantages.

Tracks updated on the webpage, and working on catching up the logs from Eau Gallie to here. Think it's gonna be a good winter  8) 
Cap' Couillon

SailingOffTheEdge.com

32adios

Am enjoying your blog.......keep up the great work! Oh, and thanks!