News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Hello to SailFar

Started by Tallswede, November 29, 2014, 10:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tallswede

Hey everyone. This is my first post here. I'm looking forward to learning and sharing with the members. Currently I have two sailboats. I have a Hunter 23.5 and an AMF Sunbird 16' sloop.
I've had the Hunter about 4 years and the Sunbird about 10 years. Both are in good shape. I sail on Galveston Bay mostly but have plans to do some longer distances in both boats. The Hunter is good for overnights with the wife and is a pretty comfy boat even though I'm 6'4" tall. The Sunbird sails well but the cuddy is too small for anything other than storage. I hope to do the Texas 200 next year in the Sunbird and some longer cruises with the wife in the Hunter. I'm trying to decide if the Hunter is big enough for us to do the Great Loop in but I think I'll have to go bigger to make it comfy enough for her to try the Loop. If it was just me, I would use the Hunter in a heartbeat. lol. I have noticed that there are no forum categories for the Hunter trailer sailers in any of the forums I have visited. Maybe I can change that as I think the boats are at least as good as the Macs. Anyway, good to be here and looking forward to learning from you all.

Kevin
Hunter 23.5 & AMF Sunbird

CharlieJ

Welcome aboard

SBO- Sailboat owners dot com  has a hunters only forum

http://hunter.sailboatowners.com/

Edited to remove a brain dead line  :o
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

jotruk

Welcome aboard Tallswede I have a Hunter 27 it is a 1979 model and sails great. I have been on the hunter owners site numerous times and they are really good on giving advice again welcome aboard
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

Tallswede

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes I have participated on the SBO Hunter forum but they don't seem to talk much about the actual sailing. I have gotten lots of good repair info there though and have contributed some myself.

Kevin
Hunter 23.5 & AMF Sunbird

Godot

Welcome aboard!

New blood is good. We're happy to have you.
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay