News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Allure to the Abacos/15

Started by Frank, January 14, 2015, 05:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Hi Sheila. Don't "hope"...get that boat back over here   ;)
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Frank

Did a lil boat maintenance and laundry today. You're never too bored...always something...

Frank

Marsh Harbor is the 3rd largest town/city in Bahamas. After the out islands...it seems busy/hectic. I'm anchored across from the "busy" side of the harbor in front of "the Jib Room". Much quieter here. It's a super friendly marina and has great facilities if you wanted to stay in one place for a while. Jason is the bartender-dock master most days. Really a good guy!  The wind has been up...those yellow shades are normally rolled up.

Frank

Just a minute or so after sunset tonight at anchor. Couldn't find the darn camera in time  :o

SeaHusky

Quote from: Frank on February 15, 2015, 07:28:02 PM
Did a lil boat maintenance and laundry today. You're never too bored...always something...
What boat is that?
I look for subtle places, beaches, riversides and the ocean's lazy tides.
I don't want to be in races, I'm just along for the ride.

Frank

Com Pac 27

http://sailfar.net/forum/index.php?topic=4382.0   scroll down on this link. Jim posted a layout.

Frank

Sunrise is as pretty as sunset. The boat to the left is a C&C 25....great sailing boat, far better than most in that size...certainly KISS. I've always had as soft spot for them.

Frank

Left Marsh Harbor this morning and sailed to Hope Town on Elbow Cay. Hope Town has one of only 2 remaining, man'd, kerosene burning, original old light houses left. The famouse candy striped structure is visible for miles. The water on the way over was kinda nice too  :)

Frank

Hope Town Harbor has no anchoring room and the balls are usually taken. A few left early with a decent tide, I arrived close to low tide at the shallow entrance (4ft) and preceded in and got a ball while others waited out front for the tide to rise. Ya gotta love shallow draft!!
It really is SO pretty here!!!

Frank

I love the cute, brightly painted homes in Hope Town...all with nice vegatation

Frank

the streets are clean and super for walks. Lots of flowers and plants

Frank

Harbor entrance view from "inside".  Beachs too...

Frank

a better pic of the famous light house

lance on cloud nine

if you find the time Frank, I would love to hear any of your thoughts on your new boat. Thank you.
"a boat must be a little less than a house, if you want it to be much more."

Frank

garbage days in Hope Town are Mon, Weds and Friday. You dingy over to the lower dock for collection. For the last few years this gentleman has dingy'd around in the morning boat to boat collecting it for everyone. No...not his "job" ...just a service he does for fellow cruisers. Seems odd at first, who'd want to go around with other peoples smelly garbage doing multiple runs burning your own fuel for nothing? But...after thinking about it, 2 things come to mind. He cruises with his wife and I'm sure we have all felt our boats "walls closing in" at times. Then...what a great way to stop, chat and catch up with everyone.  He's a great guy.

Here's to the "Garbage Man" of Hope Town   :D

Frank

Lance...I'll PM you details but I'm loving it

SeaHusky

I just want to let you know that I really enjoy this thread!
I plan to take a gap year in a few years time but not sure I really want to go to the Caribbean as it seems very "touristy". Bahamas may be an option.
Also I am sure that several of us would like to hear about your boat if you post it here.
Anyway, thanks for sharing!

EDIT...started a thread on the boat
http://sailfar.net/forum/index.php?topic=4463.msg49597#msg49597
I look for subtle places, beaches, riversides and the ocean's lazy tides.
I don't want to be in races, I'm just along for the ride.

Frank

Why I like Hope town....

"colours"

Frank

why I like Hope Town...

"plants"

jotruk

absolutely beautiful you can post all you want and I can say that I will enjoy everyone!
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock