Started by Frank, January 14, 2015, 05:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

View from "Capt Jack's"

it's a burden......   :o ;)
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

s/v Faith

Beautiful Frank!  Keep the pics coming!
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Frank

I was up before dawn, beautiful to see the day unfold. On the way to town I passed a traditional, locally built Bahamian dingy.

Frank

Next I passed the "Abaco Rage" on her mooring. This is a traditional, wooden Bahamian Racing boat. Under sail pics yesterday...here's a closer look. You'll see how long the boom actually is. A HUGE mainsail!! Must have wicked weather helm!! Also..you'll see the 2x8 sliding boards they use to "hike out"

Frank

Took a walk to pass time until the coffee shop opened. A small surf rolled into the beach. Boats cross paths during high tide at the harbor entrance

Frank

Up early and slipped the mooring at 6am. the wind was up and made for a very nice 4 1/2 hr sail to Treasure Cay. Marsh Harbour is big/busy/hectic and a  l o n  g  walk to get grocery's. Treasure is somewhat "Americanized", but the anchorage is great, you can get wifi onboard, both the bank and grocery store are a short walk. The grocery store is open until 1pm sundays and while not as big as Marsh Harbour's...it has far more selection and way better prices than Green Turtle or Hope Town. Even the ATM was open today! Cash is always hard to get here with only Treasure and Marsh having ATM's. We take so much for granted back home.
The trawler in the pic was sure "rockin" out there.

Frank

It was nice to see more boats at the anchorage and far more boats at the marina. Things have been bad $$$ here for a few years...they need the boost.
I've mentioned before...the $10 anchoring fee (protected basin) gets you showers, wifi and use of pool etc. A great deal really

Frank

Back in New Plymouth (Green Turtle Cay) for a fundraiser last night. Good time! Walking back to the boat I was struck by the difference a relatively small 3ft tide makes when the water is shallow to begin with.
Had to throw another sunset pic in. They just never get old to me...

Frank

Had a nice broad reach up to Manjack yesterday for a visit with friends. The lad on the Catalina 25 was there (he's been over since Sept! he's only 23yrs old) and an Albin Vega...proving ya don't need big!! I anchored between them.

Frank

Sunsets are awesome...but if ya get up early....sun rise is just as beautiful.  This was this morning with the sun coming up over Crab Cay

Frank

New Plymouth had the "Worlds Shortest St Patrick Day Parade" today. Left at 4pm from one bar and went about 200 yards to another bar. Lots of green, high spirits and fun!!

My birthday today. Never bought a drink once!!    :o

Tim

And here all along we had been celebrating St. Patrick's Day or St. Gertrude's Day (patron saint of cats), actually the parties were all for Frank's Birthday! 8)

Happy Birthday kid!  ;D
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Jim_ME

Bubba the Pirate

Happy Birthday, Frank.

Thanks for spotting the Vega! Does my heart good. :-)
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frank

Thanks guys. it was a good day.

Bubba...typically 2 or 3 Vegas pass through yearly. Great little cruiser!! Fairly fast too.

Another beach bonfire last night. No "electric music" but great acoustic guitar and flute.
The "big boat" was a 28!! Then my 27 followed by a Hake 26 with super shallow draft (18in board up).
What a great Bahamas or Keys boat! Good story's, a few jokes and good tunes. Nice night!

Bubba the Pirate

I've owned Bella since December 2013, sailed her since June 2014 and have been very happy. Can't wait to get down there.
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob J (ex-misfits)

Happy belated birthday Frank!
Sounds like you had a good one.
I'm not happy unless I'm complaining about something.
I'm having a very good day!

Frank

Was at Manjack for a while, but then found out friends were at Powel Cay. Funny....sailed by it 100 times, never stopped! So, I went up. Beautiful totally undeveloped Cay (no homes) with great beachs. There was no wind, 5 boats....all pointing in different directions! Not even enough wind to tighten an anchor rode! Good friends, good wine, good tunes, great sunset and then...3 dolphins swam by the boat!! Magical night!!  Good sail back to Green Turtle today.

Frank

Larry and Elizabeth hosted "golfcart drive in" movie night at Bluff Point yesterday so I sailed down and dingy'd in..  They made a screen for their garage door and use a projector. Fun night!

Good sail down

Movie was the Biography of Steven Hawkins, Brilliant man, given 2yrs to live while a student...now about 73!

Frank

I met up with LuLu and GiGi on the way in. I've known them for about 12 yrs but missed them the last couple. Turns out LuLu got new hips one year and their boat got a new engine the other :D  They're back on the go again. A great Swiss couple, they have circumnavigated and lived aboard for 33yrs! Very interesting couple, well read, up on current affairs, and a wealth of stories! LuLu still has that "twinkle in his eye" after all these years   :D