a short video from Wednesdays sail

Started by CharlieJ, August 15, 2015, 10:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieJ

Was a bob and bake for several hours, during which we were visited by dozens of porpoises. Shot a bit of video during that time. After that, the wind came and we even got rail down a couple times. I have another video of that but Youtube persists in not allowing me to upload it  Anyway, here's a link to the porpoises

This was in Matagorda Bay just after noon Weds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkgrNiL7scg
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Jim_ME

Enjoyed the video, Charlie. Appreciate how quiet your 4-stroke is...so that you can hear the porpoises breathing over it...  :)

CharlieJ

Oh man- we waited 15-20 minutes or more before beginning filming.. Was amazing. There must have been 25-30 of them all together. Moved the boat four or five times to stay with them.

I almost always see them in that bay, but not like that. Awesome

And yeah, that Yamaha at idle is almost un hearable-  Is that a word?  :D
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Norman

Shirley says AWSOME!  We know the feeling of being in the middle of a pod of dolphin, we were in one going out to Catalina Island!  Hundreds, truly amazing to watch them cruising along on both sides of the boat!

Keep going out for fun on day sails, nice waters there.  More video's too!

Norman

CharlieJ

Gonna try. Just began playing with videos. I have lots to learn  :D
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Frank

that Yamaha at idle is almost un hearable-  Is that a word? 

Nope....try inaudible    ;) ;D ??? :o
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

CharlieJ

Show you how quiet it is idling- I had pulled into Intercoastal City, in Louisiana. Place called Shell Morgan, Fueled the boat, then moved across to a bulkhead tie-up for the night.

Hot, sweaty, grabbed clean clothes, towel and soap and headed for showers.

Came back to boat and was hearing a noise. Took two or three minutes to realize I had left the engine idling. Couldn't hear it from out of the boat.

:o   :)

Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Cyric30

Cj, i see what your doing posting videos of you sailing, making us all jealous, i think your doing all this on Porpoise,  ;D

*badum bum ching*