News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Here we go again

Started by jotruk, November 30, 2015, 09:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jotruk

well it looks like this rain for the past week has the lake raising steadily and I cant get to my boat because of high water. We have one boat on my dock that has sunk and another that is very low in the water not good. I guess the best part is that we really needed rain just not this much at once.
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

jotruk

Well the water has come back up and we can't get to our boats again. this is really getting old. This is the 4th time in less than a year. Just blowing off steam thanks
s/v Wave Dancer
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

Frank

sounds like an arch is in order........

God made small boats for younger boys and older men

jotruk

Well yet again we are getting a major flood and can't get to the boat. The corp of engineers are saying we could be looking at 21 foot above normal. This is getting old already.
s/v Wave Dancer

Godot

Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

Frank

Tooo funny..

I was thinking that, but afraid to post it  :) :D
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

jotruk

Well the corps of engineers opened the lake and I got to go to my boat for the first time in over a month. there was only about 4 inches in bilge and no other problems other than a wasp nest and that is gone now. I will probably  look at moving the boat later this year. Right now I am looking farward to getting under way and just enjoying the boat for a little while.
s/v Wave Dancer

jotruk

Well can't get to the boat again the corp has closed everything down and the lake is 5.5 ft above where it should be. so no sailing for a while yet.
s/v Wave Dancer

jotruk

Well I'm going to get to go to my boat tomorrow. I am looking forward to it. I want to get a little work done on it and cleaned up. Just hope no more heavy rain until I can move it.
s/v Wave Dancer