Famous sailfar Alberg 30- Yves Gelinas and Jean-du-Sud

Started by Cruiser2B, November 13, 2015, 09:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiser2B

Had the honor of meeting Yves and getting a personal tour of Jean-du-Sud. He stopped in Portsmouth, Va on his way to Martinique. It was quite an experience to aboard his board knowing it history. he showed me all the modification he has made of the years. Below is a link to post containing photos of my tour.

http://svsalacia.blogspot.com/2015/11/alberg-30-meeting-captain-of-jean-du-sud.html

1976 Westsail 32 #514 Morning Sun
Preparing to get underway!!
USCG 100T Master Near Coastal with Inland Aux Sail

SeaHusky

I watched the trailer (again) and it struck me, the film is very much like today?s go-pro films with lots of different angles including aerial  footage with a kite - but he did it with a 16mm film kamera!
I look for subtle places, beaches, riversides and the ocean's lazy tides.
I don't want to be in races, I'm just along for the ride.

Cruiser2B

SeaHusky, I asked him about that because when I was aboard I noticed he had a GoPro. He told me the camera he used was his father's that was purchased when Yves was a young boy.....amazing!

Norman

You mean ALL IS NOT LOST when the mast comes down? ::)

Yes, he is a real sailor.  Even when he reached land, he repaired the mast himself!

I envy your opportunity to visit that famous Alberg 30 and its owner, Yves Galinas.

What is you schedule on the ferry boat?

Cruiser2B

Norman, I run the ferry a few times a week part time for boat funds. I also fill in as a relief here and there as well. The ferry itself runs 18hrs a day starting at 530 am 7days a week 363 days a year