News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Faith's Revival

Started by s/v Faith, January 01, 2016, 09:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s/v Faith

My beloved little ship has too long languished in her slip.  She will sail again soon, and I hope to share her revival and Journey to warm waters in this thread.

This is a new year, and a new life....  May we all live it!

Sail Far dear friends.
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Frank

Thats great news Craig!!!!

I look forward to updates of getting her ready as well as underway!

Keep us posted!

and, of coarse.......PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grog to ya
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

CharlieJ

Fantastic!! And it has been WAY too long.

Sorry I keep missing you
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Tim

That's great Craig, Makes for a bright New Year!  8)
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Capt. Tony

Sweeto Burrito!!! I loved the way you set up Faith for your first cruise and she still motivates me to get rolling.  Can't tell you how many times we've referenced your cruising thread to answer a question or glean some information on a location or topic.  A new cruising thread will be all sorts of handy for me!

Are there any big changes you're going to do?  Any "if I had known back then, I would have..."?  Of course you should know  I'll steal any idea I can. 

s/v Faith

Tony,

Wow, thank you.  Probably nothing like the extensive work you have done!  Faith works pretty well as I have her set up.  I might add a second 40l water bladder under the starboard berth to augment the one under the port side.  I can't say I would be thrilled about the weight though. 

Fuel stowage would be another issue, I always wanted to get the cans off the deck, but never really managed it.

I have a bigger solar panel which I have planned to mount in the stern rail where the current one is.

I had purchased a pump to make a sea water wash down for the anchor, but I think I am going to scrap that idea in favor of a more simple approach.

The things I know I need to do are;

Fresh standing rigging
Revisit the deck painting
Do the brightwork
Replace the dead lights
Repaint the interior

Home made composter

Enclose stowage above bunks

Better stowage in converted v-berth

-----

Of course there is a haul out necessary. Hard to say what will be. Required there,  I would LOVE to have the cabintop sprayed but not sure I am going to invest the prep time for that....   

Part of me wishes I could just mask off the interior wood and spray some wonderful new coating all over the interior! 

I will likely end up just prepping the top sides and rolling and tipping them again.....

I sure wish I had that magic Jeannie that Frank seems to have who helps him rehab an entire boat in a week and go sailing!
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Frank

Quote from: s/v Faith on January 03, 2016, 01:12:45 PM

I sure wish I had that magic Jeannie that Frank seems to have who helps him rehab an entire boat in a week and go sailing!

I'd like to meet that Jeannie too !!!    :o

Revival was a full winter at Indiantown work area and a few weeks the next before leaving. The Electra was many months work!

What I can say is be organized.
Haul out
Strip everything off boat...everything!
Powerwash everything!
Make list and Order parts right away (saves time) (ei:rigging etc)
List what needs done 1st before another job can be done.
Do all similar things at once: carpentry, systems, glass work, paint prep, paint etc
Start early (cooler) and keep moving   :D
Allow "dream time" sitting there getting ideas....

Looking forward to seeing:
before
during
after
underway
PICS!!!

Frank

Frank

Capt Craig.......Capt Craig.......are you out there.....   ;D

lastgreatgeneration

Thank you, I too used to own a similar Ariel. Looking forward to updates.