It's official, we own a Compac Pilothouse 23

Started by Bud, May 10, 2016, 06:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud

I can not tell you the pleasure it was to buy the boat from Frank. He showed endless patience and answered a lot of questions from someone who has never even seen one in person.

Frank, as you already know, is a man of his word. Getting harder and harder to find these days.

So next week we start our trek West. Denver for a couple of days with our son and family. Then NW to the boat. Get it out of storage, launched and provisioned and then on to Chatterbox Falls as our first destination.

Once again, I've gotten much more than I deserve. This trip is a 70th birthday gift from Nancy (see how smart I was to marry way, way up?) and I intend to enjoy it to the fullest.

;D
Fair Winds to us all.

Jmandre

Outstanding!  And the extended road-trip is an added bonus (at least in my humble opinion).  Gratz... ;)

SeaHusky

Congratulations on the boat and fair winds on your journey!
Looking forward to reading about it here.  ;)
I look for subtle places, beaches, riversides and the ocean's lazy tides.
I don't want to be in races, I'm just along for the ride.

Bob J (ex-misfits)

I'm not happy unless I'm complaining about something.
I'm having a very good day!

jotruk

congrats on the new to you boat. I hope you have fair winds and following seas as you travel.
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

Bud

Thanks everyone.

I'm getting pretty excited. (An understatement)  ;D

Steep learning curve: Tides, currents etc. Here in the Midwurst we don't need any stinking tides.

Never too old to learn something new and I have a lot of things to learn.

But I've watched every Youtube video on the area and read all of the posts in all of the forums that I could find. No one, except Captn. Vancouver, has anything bad to say about the area.

Fair Winds to us all.

Frank

Isn't it great to be excited!
You will love it out there!! The scenary is simply awesome.
Princess Louisa inlet is breath taking.....mystical actually....
You may well want to keep the boat there and return again before moving her :)

I'm sure both of you will really enjoy yourselves!!
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Jim_ME

Congrats, Bud--and to you as well, Frank.

Based [on] Frank's dazzling photos and report from that scenic area, you will surely have an impressive adventure. :)

Bud

Gotta love the BC Ferry system. I called them about what it would cost to bring the boat back on the ferry as we will only have the truck on the way there. No Charge. Will only pay for the truck, Nancy and me.

;D ;D ;D
Fair Winds to us all.

Frank

The fare is paid on the "out" from Vancouver part....

The return is included in that fare, so it's "all good" brining her back  :-)

Quite a nice ferry tour as well! Very pretty!

Capt. Tony

You are a lucky man, Bud!  Congrats on the new boat and, yes, Frank seems like an upstanding guy, and potentially, a righteous dude. 

Frank

Not my place to post....i'm sure the story will be long with many pictures attached upon their return....but I can tell you that Bud and Nancy are underway and already have a seen a few beautiful sites. Look forward to their report!!
Happy 70th Bud  ;)