WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT STATUS?

Started by lance on cloud nine, August 12, 2016, 04:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godot

Quote from: Cruiser2B on September 08, 2016, 03:13:28 PM
Lost all wind in my sails! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Wife/first mate of 17yrs decided she didn't want to be married anymore and split 6 weeks ago. No warning, no discussion, no signs.....just gone.... Toughest 6 weeks of my life, lost nearly 30lbs and just can not concentrate on anything....So to say I haven't even thought about the boat is an understatement.
However, my head has started to clear and I'm trying to decide my lifes new direction. Thinking of moving the entire show back to Mass where I am originally from. Lots of family and support. I have decided at this point to keep my Alberg as it is completely paid for and in its current condition is not worth much...Although I could part her out and get a good amount of money. I believe I love the boat too much to do that. So summer 2016 has not been too good for this guy

Sorry to bring this thread down but you asked :P

Been there. Worst feeling ever. Hang in there, though. It will take time (a disturbing amount of time, if yours is anything like mine); but eventually it gets better.
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

Bubba the Pirate

Fair winds and good thoughts for you Cruiser2B. My situations were not the same but I've been thru it twice. It gets better. Family and friends are important about now. Good luck.
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ralay

darn, that's rough.  If you see us at the dock in Portsmouth this fall, we'll buy you a beer and toast to whatever's next for ya.

CharlieJ

Had the same. Most of the old timers on the board saw it happen. As others have said,, it gets easier..

Been five years now

Sent you a PM also
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

lance on cloud nine

this past Sunday Bianca and I got our O'Day 23 out of her couple of month slumber for a little sail out of Anna Maria Fl. a friend snapped our picture from the Cortez bridge. If we can get away from work, on the middle of next month, we will sail her down to Cayo Costa island for a small boat mess-about with the SW Florida Trailer Sailors. I am really looking forward to it!
Hope you all are fine....and having some fun.
P.S hang in there Cruiser2B. Very best wishes to your bright future.
"a boat must be a little less than a house, if you want it to be much more."

CharlieJ

Had the good fortune to hook up with the WCTSS on three occasions (even from over here in Texas)  Great group of folks, and I've loved Cayo Costa.  Have fun, and tell Hodinnot Charlie says hello.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

ralay

Your rainbow sail makes me happy. 

Cruiser2B

Thank you guys, I appreciate all the comments and PMs. I know many people experience this, I just understand why this is so common......

It does get easier each day, ever so slightly...This week the heat and humidity is supposed to break. I am going to try and get back on the boat.

Running the dolphin tour boat tomorrow, looking forward to that!

Ralay, Thank you, I would gladly drink a beer, look forward to it. When do you guys expect to be coming through? I am going up to Boston area in early Oct, will you guys still be there?
1976 Westsail 32 #514 Morning Sun
Preparing to get underway!!
USCG 100T Master Near Coastal with Inland Aux Sail

cap-couillon

Solitaire Drinks 6 Eats 4 Sleeps 1

There's a reason for that ...  8)
Cap' Couillon

"It seemed like a good idea at the time"
SailingOffTheEdge.com

ralay

We're leaving Boston with the boat mid-October, but we'll be gone to TX for the first two weeks of Oct for family/business stuff. 

Bob J (ex-misfits)

Quote from: ralay on September 11, 2016, 08:04:47 AM
We're leaving Boston with the boat mid-October, but we'll be gone to TX for the first two weeks of Oct for family/business stuff.

Well if you guys want to grab a bite to eat before you shove off, pm me. I'm an hour+ from beantown depending on time of day.  It would be nice to meet you guys.
Bob
I'm not happy unless I'm complaining about something.
I'm having a very good day!

Bob J (ex-misfits)

Quote from: Cruiser2B on September 08, 2016, 03:13:28 PM
Lost all wind in my sails! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Wife/first mate of 17yrs decided she didn't want to be married anymore and split 6 weeks ago.

That's the pits.. Sorry to hear about  your mate jumping ship on you.

I'm not happy unless I'm complaining about something.
I'm having a very good day!

Cruiser2B

Misfits
thank you for sentiment....it sucks big time...

where are you located? Ill be up in that area 2 week in Oct if you'd like to grab a beer or three  :D. I'll be in Dighton or Tiverton, RI, so not too far from Beantown.
1976 Westsail 32 #514 Morning Sun
Preparing to get underway!!
USCG 100T Master Near Coastal with Inland Aux Sail

ralay

We like meeting sailfar'ers.  Woody takes weekend shifts occasionally, but usually, we're just farting around on the island.  Send me or Woody a PM if you plan to come through.

CharlieJ

Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

lance on cloud nine

it's only been up for 5 minutes, so we only have 3 members, but.....I just started a group on Fb where anyone is welcome to buy or sell a trailer sailboat...or related parts. You are welcome to use it anyway you see fit.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/711157799051208/

lastgreatgeneration

Dan in Annapolis. If any of you are in town let me know, we'll get together.

Sunset

Sorry to hear about your new twist of life Cruiser2B. I remember when talking to you about the Beta you had a lot of plans. Don't give up on the boat, in fact the work will help keep the mind going forward. Which is what must happen and will in time.
84 Islander 28

lance on cloud nine

my current status....I was just dinkin' around with my O'Day 26 out on my driveway...and had the random thought....about 60s, 70s, and 80's production boat builders. what a great run many of them had! they sure got a lot of people out on the water! got a ton of boats out the door...pre-computer! to think about, say, O'Day (the General Motors of boats back then) offering a lineup between 12 and 40 feet in several increments. Its a model that wont work well for most today...but many early companies sure gave it their all. My hat is off to them!

Frank

Ain't that a fact Lance!!
Oday was an Olympic sailboat racer....at least he loved boats.
So many great old companies.....
C&C, CS, Cape Dory....the list is. L o n g .......
Yep....the golden years....
God made small boats for younger boys and older men