CharlieJ

;D

Like my 1961 Seafarer? Frank- here anchored in Pipe Creek, Exumas
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

lance on cloud nine

yes Charlie - when you think about all the steps it took to conceive, build, and deliver your sweet ship to it's first owner....and to repeat it over and over. Its just a great accomplishment.
"a boat must be a little less than a house, if you want it to be much more."

cap-couillon

Suffering through another winter....  8)
Cap' Couillon

"It seemed like a good idea at the time"
SailingOffTheEdge.com

lance on cloud nine

Nice pic Cap!
2 random thoughts on this cold gray Indiana day....1) small cruising boat makers should consider making the front mooring cleats bigger from the start, with beefy backers so that they would actually hold up long term for anchoring. along with a standard short bow sprit...to both hold an anchor and tack an A- spinnaker. Aftermarket are almost always flimsy I think.   2) I was thinking about my ever growing attraction to small cruising boats....when I first started I thought I would work my way up size-wise over time...but then I came across sailFar and listened to you guys and it rang a lot of truth bells in my head....but what really sent me over the top...was when I first got a smart phone and slowly started to understand its capabilities. To think that suddenly you have navigation, all your books, albums, banking, camera in the palm of your hand! Its not a phone, it's a portal. Makes travel in a small boat so clutter free and such a pleasure!
Anyway, that's my current status. Hope you all are having some fun!

CharlieJ

Totally agree on cleats, both  bow and stern. Tehani originally had a single surfboard style cleat on centerline on her bow and a 4 inch same style each side aft

She now carries a pair of 12 inch Herreshoffs on the bow and a 6 inch each side astern. All have very heavy, spread out backing plates

Here's the bow cleats- Bronze
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

lance on cloud nine

my quick current status>>>when I am reading people's stories about boat ownership and my eyes read the phrase "we are considering moving up"......my brain hears it as "oh, they want to downsize, good for them".

lance on cloud nine

here is a little table I slapped together out of construction scrap, that spans the cockpit of my O'Day 23 using no legs. This has worked out really well for us...allowing 2 people to lean back against the cabin, and stretch out with their legs beneath. The next one I make will be wider and a better fit, as I wasn't at the boat when making this one. Also we have found we can make an inexpensive, and quickly removable fiddle for a camp stove using a section of threaded rod with wingnuts. Hope you all are having some fun. Come on Spring!

Frank

Neat!
Looks like your lil buddy is patiently waiting for his coffee 😃😃
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

lance on cloud nine

yep! he knows there is bacon in the cooler.

K3v1n

The Com-Pac 23 is for sale as we ready our new boat for the water. Hoping to get to the marina this weekend to wash and wax the hull. Mast gets stepped on April 15th with a launch on April 29th!

lance on cloud nine

Frank

K3v1n

She is a 1985 Cape Dory 26. It's gonna be the perfect size for us. :)

Frank

Congrats!!
Pretty boat!

Love the simplicity of an outboard!

Edit to say: and shallow draft too!!

lance on cloud nine

We would love a bunch of pictures of that 26! Did having the Compac 23 (after having had a 30) change your outlook on smaller boats? Can you share any thoughts on that. Would be most appreciated!

K3v1n

Never did have a 30 footer. The Cape Dory is our largest boat yet. The 23 was great but no standing headroom. I think the CD 26 will be the perfect fit for at least the next few years. There is talk of a 30 footer someday but right now the costs out weigh the need. :)

lance on cloud nine

I am sorry Kevin - my mistake - I confused you with another sailor that had a catalina 30 prior to a Com-Pac 23. Have a great time with your new ship!

K3v1n

S/V Dorothea is in!

jotruk

Looks great I know that you will have a lot of fun, Fair winds and following seas
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

Phantom Jim

This is the way all our boats should look.
Phantom Jim