News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Rhodes Swiftsure 33

Started by Crazer, October 03, 2018, 08:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazer

Finally replaced my Pearson Wanderer after six years of ownership. I loved that boat but the layout and quality of construction were not what I wanted. So I bought a 1962 Rhodes Swiftsure. She has my preferred galley aft layout and the quality construction I need to feel secure sailing her any where. She needs paint but is very solid. I'm starting to update her systems and polish her up. She has a lot more space than the Pearson, too.

More pictures to follow!
-Avery

Cape Dory 28 SV "Fayaway"
        Annapolis, MD

Bubba the Pirate

~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Captain Smollett

Man that's a beautiful boat.  Rhodes sure could draw 'em.  Congrats!
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

CharlieJ

Agree totally- My Rhodes meridian is proof :)
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

CapnK

Pretty pretty boat. :) I love the look of a dark hull. Don't want that color on my boat because I am South and want to go 'souther' :D and dark colors absorb heat but, man, it sure looks nice and especially so on these plastic classics.  8)
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Captain Smollett

Quote from: CapnK on October 04, 2018, 07:20:42 AM

Pretty pretty boat. :) I love the look of a dark hull. Don't want that color on my boat because I am South and want to go 'souther' :D and dark colors absorb heat but, man, it sure looks nice and especially so on these plastic classics.  8)

Don't want to hijack, but I agree.  I thought about painting the A-30 dark green with gold cove stripe, but then, "Oh man, the heat!" took over.  Now, I'm going white/off white with dark green cove stripe.

But let's be honest, here.  These old classic Alberg, Rhodes, and a few others, boats look awesome no matter what color they are.   8)
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Frank

Quote from: Captain Smollett on October 04, 2018, 11:14:38 AM

But let's be honest, here.  These old classic Alberg, Rhodes, and a few others, boats look awesome no matter what color they are.   8)

TRUE DAT!
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Crazer

Thanks guys. I'm very happy with the boat. I am planning on repainting the boat a lighter color, probably light blue. The green is failing and I want to do something different so she's not just another classic boat with a dark hull.

I managed to get out for a brief solo sail this evening. Just barely made it back before the rain started.
-Avery

Cape Dory 28 SV "Fayaway"
        Annapolis, MD